"adding browse domain local" and so on..

mj12bot

2 posts in this topic

Hi all

I`ve registered cause i found no answers to my problems with googling etc.

First i want to let you know what Images i tried by now:

All Leo4all Releases are useless for me since they dont even boot the installation no matter what i enter as boot-options.

Because of that i concentrate on Tiger Images:

-Kalyway 10.4.10 boots installer but doesnt have my hardrive in the list for install.

-Jas 10.4.7 AMD/Intel + Jas 10.4.8 AMD/Intel are the ones that seem to work.

Both install without problems. On reboot everythings ok till it starts the LoginWindowApp and the mdnsResponder gives the line: Adding browse domain local.

Before that nothing really special is listed. No Airport driver should not be the problem and the specific computername that is set to mac defaults i think is normal.

I tried the install maybe a hundred times with different options and with/without graphics drivers. It is always the same. No matter what i enter as boot option. By the way i have the 10.4.8 running in VM without problems... its just to slow for me... i want something "real" :(

My PC is a Acer Aspire 6530G, AMD64 X2 QL60, ATI HD3470 X2, 4GB Corsair RAM

I hope someone here can give me some help, thank you very much!

MJ12BOT

EDIT: While searching in the forum i found out that it is possible my error is caused by the "no airport...".

I there a way to kick this airport stuff out so it will not be checked on boot?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all

I`ve registered cause i found no answers to my problems with googling etc.

First i want to let you know what Images i tried by now:

All Leo4all Releases are useless for me since they dont even boot the installation no matter what i enter as boot-options.

Because of that i concentrate on Tiger Images:

-Kalyway 10.4.10 boots installer but doesnt have my hardrive in the list for install.

-Jas 10.4.7 AMD/Intel + Jas 10.4.8 AMD/Intel are the ones that seem to work.

Both install without problems. On reboot everythings ok till it starts the LoginWindowApp and the mdnsResponder gives the line: Adding browse domain local.

Before that nothing really special is listed. No Airport driver should not be the problem and the specific computername that is set to mac defaults i think is normal.

I tried the install maybe a hundred times with different options and with/without graphics drivers. It is always the same. No matter what i enter as boot option. By the way i have the 10.4.8 running in VM without problems... its just to slow for me... i want something "real" :rolleyes:

My PC is a Acer Aspire 6530G, AMD64 X2 QL60, ATI HD3470 X2, 4GB Corsair RAM

I hope someone here can give me some help, thank you very much!

MJ12BOT

EDIT: While searching in the forum i found out that it is possible my error is caused by the "no airport...".

I there a way to kick this airport stuff out so it will not be checked on boot?

I used xxx 10.5.6 final + ppf3.

but video and wireless will never work.

sata and burner do.

sound?? not yet here...

when things are cheap, results are cheap as well...