iDeneb 1.4 - 10.5.6 Quad Core Q6660 4 cores, how to set it up?

Merclown

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have iDeneb 1.4 instalation with Voodoo kernel 9.5 and Vanilla default working well.

Video, sound and other things and apps is nice runing, but i need the 4 core processors working here and i don't see any tutorial or detailed explation on the internet forums and hackintosh sites ( i found some things and explanations about DSDT to solve it). How can i solve this problem? Please send me a detailed and simple passes.

My Computer configuration:

IDeneb 1.4 - 10.5.6 installed and working (only with one processor core)

Vanilla Kernel default + Voodoo 9.5

Motherboard Intel Model DG35EC

Intel Quad Core Processor(CPU) Q6600 with 2.40GHZ (one only works here ;) )

Video Card nvidia 8600GT 1GB / DVI working well and OpenGL nice before some crazy things :D:) !

8 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM of memory

3 Hard Drivers with 500GB (2 Samsung and 1 Western Digital)

Sorry for my bad english and tx a lot for all!

merclown's

Hi,

I have iDeneb 1.4 instalation with Voodoo kernel 9.5 and Vanilla default working well.

Video, sound and other things and apps is nice runing, but i need the 4 core processors working here and i don't see any tutorial or detailed explation on the internet forums and hackintosh sites ( i found some things and explanations about DSDT to solve it). How can i solve this problem? Please send me a detailed and simple passes.

Intel Quad Core Processor(CPU) Q6600 with 2.40GHZ (one only works here :worried_anim: )

Video Card nvidia 8600GT 1GB / DVI working well and OpenGL nice before some crazy things :):( !

merclown's

Have any one to help me?????????

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Intel Quad Core Processor(CPU) Q6600 with 2.40GHZ (one only works here :) )

Video Card nvidia 8600GT 1GB / DVI working well and OpenGL nice before some crazy things :D:) !

merclown's

For All,

I win!!! Problema solved well!!!!!!!! :D

Im thinking here to change the "cpus=1 to cpus=4" on the com.apple.Boot.plist file to teste if works. Ok i do it on EFIStudio 1.0 and its very simple to do. Ok i open the com.apple.Boot.plist to edit and change this:

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1 -f</string> -------------> change to cpus=4! :P

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

Before, remeber to install some "boot error Fix" u find a lot of solutions here. On my case i use my installation DVD iDeneb 1.4, boot directly from the DVD, with care "repair disk permissions" from Disk Utility after do it go to instalation packets and shows(shose) only the options that u like to install (or reinstall) on this case is some about boot, shutdown fixes.

I do it and thats ok my installations working well.

Thanks for all!

Merclown