Installing Leopard on an external usb hard drive

chuck1

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to install mac os x leopard on my maxtor external hard drive. The pc it would be running is my asus M51SN. I have been searching the internet on any way to do this if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated thank you very much. My laptop has 4gb of ram a geforce 9500m gs and a 250gb sata hard drive 2.4ghz dual core processor and an Intel 802.11abgn+blue tooth. Thank you

Good luck getting OS X to boot. I tried it before with an m50vm. I would try iPC or iDeneb. I didn't try this distros before but they seem to be the most recent.

Just instert the disc, if you get to the install screen, click through until you select your drive. There shouldn't be any drives listed, go to Utilities-Disk Utility. Format the external to Apple Journaled. Select the right packages in the customize menu, and install.

I know those are really brief instructions, so if you manage to get to the install screen, PM me and I'll help you some more. If you have trouble booting the dvd, post something on the forum.