iAtkos v5i won't work :S, and now Vista won't boot either! URGENT HELP!

Bassy19

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have been spending most of my free time yesterday AND today trying to get iAtkos v5i to WORK on my Dell Vostro 200, it says "Succeeded to install" etc at the end of the install, but when It restarts (and of course after I have taken out the DVD) it just says "boot1: error", I though "Ehh, this isn't gunna work" after sevreral attempts, so i opened the DVD installer again and opened Terminal, types the following.

diskutil list > fdisk -e /dev/disk0 > p > f 3 > write > exit

to hopefully get it back to my old setup with Vista and Linux and it worked, but I get to the multiboot bit, press enter at 'Microsoft Windows Vista' etc, then it just acts like nothing happened, the computer makes an old fashioned "beep" noise, and goes back to the dell splash screen :S

I thought ok, ok, ok just put the Vista recovery disk in, pressed F12 at the dell splash screen, booted from CD rom, then it gets to a black screen just saying "Boot from CD:" I tried waiting for it, but It could happily stay like that for days :L - So i dug out my old Ubuntu CD, booted from that and here I am.

I want to get back to my Vista setup, but if you can sort out my iAtkos problem, then I would be reaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy grateful :L.. btw, i saw another thread how to do that stuff in terminal, so please don't redirect me to that, I had to visit it on my iPhone because I don't have another accessable computer :\ ... thanks

Thanks i will try that. One prblem though.. Where do i find gparted? :L btw now i always get an error saying "diskette 0 error"or something:S

OK, Found GParted... Deleted the Mac OS X partition, but its going to take 3 hours to write 443.19GB to 455.71GB :S

After that, what do I do?

Whenever I put the iAtkos install DVD in, it loads for about 2 - 3 minutes then gives me a prompt to restart!

I think I have messed up my computer :'(