Make my FAT32 Drive Bootable from Within MAC Leopard

kasperbs

8 posts in this topic

I followed this brilliant tutorial on how to set up MAC Leopard and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately I forgot to make a boot drive before deleting Windows, I only have myUSB dongle to boot from.

If you see under point 11 (called Optional) in the post, you will see that the author describes a way to make your first FAT32 drive bootable so that I don't have to boot from the USB all the time. Only problem; those instruction are for Windows users and I no longer have windows installed.

Ho can I make the first partition (FAT32) on my harddisk bootable from within MAC?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=567853

That's a link for the way to make a partition bootable from Terminal in OS X.

OSx86Tools from PCWiz is an easy way to make drives bootable from Mac.

I have downloaded OSX86Tools but it is not clear to me how I make a drive bootable?

Also the description in the thread you linked to, that only flags a drive bootable right? It doesn't actually install a bootloader?

Install Chameleon from you usb stick.

That sounds like a good idea, how do I do that?

I have downloaded OSX86Tools but it is not clear to me how I make a drive bootable?

Also the description in the thread you linked to, that only flags a drive bootable right? It doesn't actually install a bootloader?

That sounds like a good idea, how do I do that?

Download and install, it's that easy.

Download and install, it's that easy.
Install Chameleon from you usb stick.

I'm afraid I'm not really following you. How do I download it 'FROM my USB stick' and what files am i supposed to install on my FAT32 and how exactly? If you know?

Managed to download and install chameleon. First I reformatted the drive with FAT32 and flagged it 'boot' from GParted. Then installed Chameleon rebooted and simply got an error saying something like MBR 0, Error 0 and nothing more?