Q9450 @ nForce 790i in iPC 10.5.6 works only with cpus=1

Kos_K

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, and many thanks for those of you, who works hard to give people sense of Mac. Cheers! ;)

This forum is the great place, and I've spent many hours reading stuff here, and finally managed to install iPC 10.5.6 onto Asus Striker II Extreme (nForce 790i Ultra) with Intel Q9450 and Gigabyte 9800GT. And managed to solve some issues with my video and DVD-RW drive, thanks to forum, again.

So, there's only two significant problems left: only one core of available four, and readiness for 10.5.7.

And now about my CPU, I need a good advice. I didn't selected any additional kernels during installation, as I hoped that Vanilla 9.6.0 is the best for my SSSE3 45mm Yorkfield. But system don't boot without "cpus=1" in com.Apple.Boot.plist.

What should I do next? Force Vanilla to work with 4 cores (playing with BIOS settings / flash new BIOS version (is there one for Striker II?) / install DSDT patch?) or switch to another kernel (which one? Voodoo 9.5.0?).

Please, just say what is better to do, detailed how-to, I hope, I'll find hereby in the forum threads.

Many thanks in advance, regards, Const.

---------------------

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450@2.66 GHz

ASUS Striker II Extreme (nVidia 790i Ultra SLI)

Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT 512Mb

iPC 10.5.6. final (PPF5) / Vanilla 9.6.0 / Patch DSDT with NewHPET selected

Hi guys, and many thanks for those of you, who works hard to give people sense of Mac. Cheers! :(

This forum is the great place, and I've spent many hours reading stuff here, and finally managed to install iPC 10.5.6 onto Asus Striker II Extreme (nForce 790i Ultra) with Intel Q9450 and Gigabyte 9800GT. And managed to solve some issues with my video and DVD-RW drive, thanks to forum, again.

So, there's only two significant problems left: only one core of available four, and readiness for 10.5.7.

And now about my CPU, I need a good advice. I didn't selected any additional kernels during installation, as I hoped that Vanilla 9.6.0 is the best for my SSSE3 45mm Yorkfield. But system don't boot without "cpus=1" in com.Apple.Boot.plist.

What should I do next? Force Vanilla to work with 4 cores (playing with BIOS settings / flash new BIOS version (is there one for Striker II?) / install DSDT patch?) or switch to another kernel (which one? Voodoo 9.5.0?).

Please, just say what is better to do, detailed how-to, I hope, I'll find hereby in the forum threads.

Many thanks in advance, regards, Const.

---------------------

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450@2.66 GHz

ASUS Striker II Extreme (nVidia 790i Ultra SLI)

Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT 512Mb

iPC 10.5.6. final (PPF5) / Vanilla 9.6.0 / Patch DSDT with NewHPET selected

Check out my Series 7 nForce thread........ recommend Voodoo 9.5.0 not vanilla kernel for nForce chipset MOBOs..... :huh:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have EVGA 790i SLI FTW and retail OS X works fine for me with vanila kernel. There is only one thing since I've updated my system to 10.5.7 I have to use cpus=1 switch to boot otherwise it wouldn't. 10.5.6 was working as on a native MAC with all cores enabled.

Feel free to ask I would love to share my experience.

• 1 month later...

I am too searching for a fix, since my OSX only uses one core, instead of 2. Any help would be really appreciated!

Also, is there a way to add cpus=1 to the startup of the boot? (Im kinda a new mac user; been using it for like.. uhm 10 minutes now)