Gigabyte AirCruiser N300 GN-WS30N-RH mPCI-e card

The Boomr

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks now, and have come across much useful information in the process of making iAtkos work on my computers--however, I have a problem with the N300 wireless card. I looked around on the internet and on here, and saw that supposedly the GN-WS30N would work natively with Airport in osx86, and so I ordered it from OxfordTec, along with another wifi antenna which I installed behind the LCD screen and routed through the case and everything like that. so I plug this card in, and Airport does not detect it. Nothing detects it. I decide maybe I should reinstall iAtkos with the card preinstalled, but that didn't help either. I tried downloading the Ralink drivers for it and that allowed Network Utility to identify the card as the N300, but I still could do nothing with it. I'm dual-booting with Vista, and the card does work in vista, although the utility that is supposed to come with it will not install properly...but that's another story. All I want to know is how to get this card working in my laptop because having a wifi card that works is a make-or-break deal on whether I keep osx86 or not. Thanks for any help you can offer. :(

• 1 month later...
anyone...anyone at all....

also , an update to this situation, I am reinstalling osx86 using IPC 10.5.6, which has many more drivers, so we'll see if the ralink drivers work at all

I was just wondering if you had any luck with this?

cheers!