Windows Fiji

Colonel

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I was on wikipedia and found this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_%22Fiji%22

What's the deal with Micro$oft? They're becoming more like Apple with frequent OS releases. I thought it was supposed to be XP to Vista to Blackcomb. Where did Fiji come from? I'm not going to buy Vista because of this. If only a year after Vista comes Fiji, why bother upgrading and wasting your money. Just buy Fiji instead of Vista. What's the deal with MS? :pirate2:

Hey everyone,

I was on wikipedia and found this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_%22Fiji%22

What's the deal with Micro$oft? They're becoming more like Apple with frequent OS releases. I thought it was supposed to be XP to Vista to Blackcomb. Where did Fiji come from? I'm not going to buy Vista because of this. If only a year after Vista comes Fiji, why bother upgrading and wasting your money. Just buy Fiji instead of Vista. What's the deal with MS? ;)

It's all code name mumbojumbo vista used to be called longhorn :)

Also, i highly doubt MS is gonna start putting out OS's that fast... seriously, look how long its taken them to get vista working, XP came out in 2003, and Vista is bound to come out some time in 2007! thats every 4 years, the typical lifespan of a computer, not every year. I highly doubt that Fiji or whatever the real name will be for it, will come out within 1 year of Vista.

XP came out in 2003

XP came out in 2001. And who knows if Micro$oft will make Fiji a year after Vista. I mean, look at Apple. They have a new OS just about every year and a half. Maybe Micro$oft is changing. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Fiji beta right after Vista is released.

XP came out in 2001. And who knows if Micro$oft will make Fiji a year after Vista. I mean, look at Apple. They have a new OS just about every year and a half. Maybe Micro$oft is changing. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Fiji beta right after Vista is released.

As for xp, im pretty sure official release was not in 2001, perhaps you're thinking about the beta that got leaked. But even if it was 2001, that only strengthens my argument.

Also if the Fiji beta comes out right after Vista is realeased all it is gonna be is a patchy version of vista.

What is the big problem anyways? i bet you downloaded XP, and you'll probably download Vista! No end users with half a brain purchase software, M$ makes all their money off big corperations who purchase windows licences.... not off small guys like you and me.

looking at the way Microsoft handles OS development, i highly doubt MS will have a 2 year turnaround for the next major OS revision. It will probably be a service pack sort of upgrade to implement stuff like WinFS that was taken out of Vista.