Mac installed on External HDD but not booting

Janesh Hari

3 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed OSx86 10.5 (Leopard) on my Toshiba A200 10x laptop.

Few Points

• I have vista in my bulidin HDD on the C Drive
  • So i installed Mac to the second patition space on an external HDD formatted with Max Extended(journaled).
  • The Installation was successfull and it asked me to restart after
  • I restarted and changed my boot order to the exteranal HDD to boot first(initially it was the Mac DVD)
  • But while booting a cursor is displaying and nothing is happening(not a b0 error which i was getting previously when i tried it for the first time)
  • Overall the problem is it is just showing the cursor while booting and no error is coming
  • I tried to reinstall and the same error is coming

Please.. please.... solve it mac geeks

Many thanks

Janesh Hari

I have successfully installed OSx86 10.5 (Leopard) on my Toshiba A200 10x laptop.

Few Points

• I have vista in my bulidin HDD on the C Drive
  • So i installed Mac to the second patition space on an external HDD formatted with Max Extended(journaled).
  • The Installation was successfull and it asked me to restart after
  • I restarted and changed my boot order to the exteranal HDD to boot first(initially it was the Mac DVD)
  • But while booting a cursor is displaying and nothing is happening(not a b0 error which i was getting previously when i tried it for the first time)
  • Overall the problem is it is just showing the cursor while booting and no error is coming
  • I tried to reinstall and the same error is coming

Please.. please.... solve it mac geeks

Many thanks

Janesh Hari

When you installed to the harddrive, did you try the MBR option?

First what i did is formatted the drive under GUID partion table.

and then in the customize part i have checked the GUID boot loader and unchecked the MBR boot loader

Same error coming like i cannot boot into the HDD after the installation

Seond time i have formatted the drive under MBR partition table

and then in the cutomize part i have checked the MBR boot loader and uncheked the GUID boot loader

that time also the same problem

both the cases the installation is successfull and after the restart the HDD is not booting

it is showing a blinking cursor without doing anything

Please help what all i have to do to make it work.