Gets Stuck!

The_old_PC

5 posts in this topic

After the installation i had to work a lot to get Mac os to boot.

Now it gets stuck at the Apple screen with the white background.

I did -v to check where it gets stuck and found out that it stops where it loads my via drivers.

Why does it stop there.

Thx in advance

Post hardware specs (don't post the name of your PSU or your cabinet please), OSX86 distribution name and version, and what you picked under custom install.

No-one will be able to help you given the little information you posted.

After the installation i had to work a lot to get Mac os to boot.

Now it gets stuck at the Apple screen with the white background.

I did -v to check where it gets stuck and found out that it stops where it loads my via drivers.

Why does it stop there.

Thx in advance

Oh sorry ok so i used the

iDeneb v1 4 OSx86 ISO

cd.

My specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz sse2.

Motherboard: Asrock P4V88+

Chipset: Via pt880

GPU: Ati Radeon Hd 3850 AGP

I installed the Vodoo kernel, agp and ati hd series drivers, Via/some other names schipset drivers, and then enthernet and sound drivers.

So anybody got any idea?

some other names schipset drivers

That's probably why.

Don't install anything unless you're absolutely sure it's needed or you can end up with the system trying to load more than one driver for one device, causing a conflict. You can't just go and pick chipset drivers at random like that and expect it to work.

When you don't really know what you're doing, it's not unusual to go through 4-5 install attempts before you choose the right combination of drivers and patches under custom install. Know your hardware.

If, after a successful install, you can boot the system but find that some things aren't working you can always extract the packages or kernel extensions from the install DVD using a program called Pacifist. Then install them manually or use OSX86Tools.

Sometimes less is more.

I would try installing only with VIA chipset and LAN drivers (OSX likes to have working LAN during install) and see if it will boot.

I don't know what drive controller is on your motherboard, maybe that's covered by the VIA chipset package. Then install AGP, video and sound drivers later.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok i did as you told.

I tried two versions:

One only with the chipset drivers and the kernel.

The other one i also installed the agp controller. Only that from the video section.

But both times it gets stuck at the agp loading part.

It is kind of frustrating already as it never works.

I have the asrock P4V88+ mother board:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...L_10.5.6#Asrock

It should work.

I only ticked the vodoo kernel and not chameleon.

I also used the ideneb version. Do you think that that is wrong and i should try it with the iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6 Final Release DVD version, as the website recommends?

Thanks a lot for having patience with a beginner like me.