Acer Aspire 7730G

Tilli61

7 posts in this topic

Anyone successfully installed osx in Acer 7730g?

My laptop specs: T6400, pm45/ich9m, nvidia 9600m GT, realtek alc888/1200, Broadcom Bcm5764m wired and intel 5100 wireless network, 2x500gb achi sata drives(first contains original vista and second hdd is in 1 partition osx journaled->i planned to use bios in role of bootloader).

I tried various distros (in their default installation settings) without success:

1. Jas 10.5.4

2. iDeneb 1.3

3. iDeneb 1.4

4. iAtkos 5 i

First day i only managed to go through installation process with iAtkos->and then nothing. At second day i bought Samsung external usb dvd drive then all but iAtkos go trough installation and then nothing->best try was iDeneb 1.3 and welcome screen loop. Please help!

Anyone successfully installed osx in Acer 7730g?

My laptop specs: T6400, pm45/ich9m, nvidia 9600m GT, realtek alc888/1200, Broadcom Bcm5764m wired and intel 5100 wireless network, 2x500gb achi sata drives(first contains original vista and second hdd is in 1 partition osx journaled->i planned to use bios in role of bootloader).

I tried various distros (in their default installation settings) without success:

1. Jas 10.5.4

2. iDeneb 1.3

3. iDeneb 1.4

4. iAtkos 5 i

First day i only managed to go through installation process with iAtkos->and then nothing. At second day i bought Samsung external usb dvd drive then all but iAtkos go trough installation and then nothing->best try was iDeneb 1.3 and welcome screen loop. Please help!

I've sucessfully Installed it on the same Notebook - I used iDeneb 1.3. If you have troubles at the login screen try:

• Boot in safe mode (-x)
  • If Welcome Menu crashes at Data transfer you have to transfer It from an other OSX installation (best from an USB drive)

Hardware/Drivers:

• 9600M GT works with Q/E and CI
  • Networking doesn't work at All (No drivers for Intel Wlan, LAN doesn't work with built in Driver)
  • Sound doesn't work jet - I'm searching...

Good luck :(

• 5 months later...

any progress here?

i also tried installing it on the Acer 7730G[-644G100MN]

specs:

MEM: 2x 2GB ram

CPU: T6400 2 GHz

HDD: 2x 500GB

AUDIO: Realtek ALC888/1200

LAN: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5764M

WLAN: Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN

i successfully installed Kalyway, but had to skip the Welcome screen via the single user console...

also no sound, no lan or wlan, and no correct display resolution...

i think ill try iDeneb too :(

EDIT: someone installed 10.5.7 on his laptop without any problems, i guess ill try it too

• 10 months later...

I installed macosx on my 7730zg

Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard

(patched to latest version)

latest version bios 3636 didnt work

t3400

4gb ram

9300m nvidia

atheros wifi

alc888

broadcom lan card

so far sound and graphics working ok,

wifi WIP

good luck

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i got 1.5.8 (idenb) working and 10.6.3

the only non working drivers are

wired and wireless network for the 7730g :s

the wifi (5100agn is wip for over 2 years now so dont expect a release soon :s)

alll other drivers work perfect

Hey did you or somebody tryed to change the 5100agn to an other card to make wifi work ????

• 2 months later...