iDeneb install help

andrun

4 posts in this topic

So I was able to install everything fine with iDeneb, went through all the motions of partitioning and Mac OSX was installed. After I rebooted, at the Darwin load screen I chose MacOS. I get nothing but a grey screen with the apple logo. I'm running Asus G1S, 2.0ghz, 2gb ram vista 32bit. Any ideas? Thanks

boot with -v option to see what it is waiting for.

Most probably you are getting "waiting for root device" which is usually due to not selecting the right chipset during install.

As Asus G1S is a Santa Rosa platform, you have to select patched ICHx driver during install, or if possible to set in BIOS set the SATA mode to AHCI

ok i'll try to reinstall but i'm getting stuck at "Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" after i boot into OS and hit "-v". i'll try to reinstall though and select that patch. thx

so i deleted the volume, not the whole partition, in vista and now when i boot i get boot0: error. I googled and havent seem to find a fix. I tried reinstalling macos and when i go to disk utility the partition doesnt even appear anymore. Ideas? So now i camt boot into vista or mac sux. Thx