GA-EP45-DS4P, iatkos 10.5.5 and unsuccessful startups

jeffffff

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've been trying different installs to get osx running on my pc here at home. the build/components are as follows:

GA-ep45-ds4p mobo

intel e8400 3 ghz processor

ati sapphire 3850 video card

4 gigs g-skill ram

sata WD 7200 rpm hard drive

sata dvd drive

I'm using iatkos 10.5.5 and the particular problem I have doesn't seem to be documented (at least I haven't been able to find it after spending a lot of time googling)...

basically, after "successful" installs, whenever I try to start up osx I get about ten seconds of a spinning cursor and the gray apple loading screen followed by a strange-looking corrupted graphics screen and a locked machine. I am able to boot the machine into safe mode successfully but have no idea how to proceed from there to fix whatever issue is occurring. I have attached three images below... the first is the corrupted image upon normal startup, the second is the -v code that appears as close to the lockup as I could photograph and the third is the corrupted and locked-up image after startup in -v mode.

Any help you all could provide would be appreciated! I am happy to answer any/all questions as I just want to get this problem solved. Thanks so much for your time!

post-388838-1236812517_thumb.jpg

post-388838-1236813789_thumb.jpg

post-388838-1236813807_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry, but I cant read the text in the middle picture. Can you improve the picture quality??

Did you install any drivers for the ATI card? I would choose as few drivers as possible (only the necessary ones) when installing and add graphics and audio drivers/EFI strings later!

kulos

I'm sorry, but I cant read the text in the middle picture. Can you improve the picture quality??

Did you install any drivers for the ATI card? I would choose as few drivers as possible (only the necessary ones) when installing and add graphics and audio drivers/EFI strings later!

kulos

Apologies for the picture size... hopefully this larger image will be clearer.

Re: video drivers... I have installed iatkos with the "Graphics Update" and "ATI HD 2xxx and 3xxxx" options selected, with only the "ATI HD 2xxx and 3xxxx" option selected and with neither selected. I have had similar results in each instance.

post-388838-1236815404_thumb.jpg

I recommend deleting (or better moving) all kexts related to ATI drivers until Mac is forced to use the VESA drivers. Then you can try to find a driver that works.

Sorry I don't know any of the names. Look for things in the /System/Library/Extensions folder with ATI, Natit, Titan, or Radeon in the names. Move them to a different folder. Then delete /System/Library/Extentions.mkext and reboot.