ideneb help

Krillinballz

10 posts in this topic

i need help installing Ideneb mac os x 10.5.6 on my msi p7n sli-fi 750i-sli chip set here are my spec's

msi p7n sli-fi (750i-Sli chip set)

lite-on 22x burner

4gig dual channel ram pc 6500 800mhz

500gig sata 2 hdd

320gig sata 1hdd

Radeon Hd 4650 512mb

E7400 2.8gig core 2 duo 1066 fbs

no matter what i do i can't get it to work i get it installed and it sit's at the mac loading screen and thats it i cant figure it out.

i would be greatful to any help i can get guys thanx in advance

After you install, make sure to boot with flag -f on the first time. If it still doesn't work, you can try a safe boot (-x) or do a verbose boot (-v). Just try different sets of flags, I got it to work on the first boot with -v -f -x, then I used -v -f, because couldn't finish setup in safe boot mode, now I just boot normally. If you get the kernel panic, reinstall it with a different set patches. The patches require a bit of trial and error if you don't know entirely what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
i need help installing Ideneb mac os x 10.5.6 on my msi p7n sli-fi 750i-sli chip set here are my spec's

msi p7n sli-fi (750i-Sli chip set)

lite-on 22x burner

4gig dual channel ram pc 6500 800mhz

500gig sata 2 hdd

320gig sata 1hdd

Radeon Hd 4650 512mb

E7400 2.8gig core 2 duo 1066 fbs

no matter what i do i can't get it to work i get it installed and it sit's at the mac loading screen and thats it i cant figure it out.

i would be greatful to any help i can get guys thanx in advance

Check out my Series 7 nForce chipset MOBO thread and my blog install guides...... :( You most likely need a modded BIOS......

thanx verdant but cant a modded bios be harmful if it Fu*ks up not to be negative but if thier are any other ways i can do this with out messing with my bios i love to know but thank you very very much i will honestly try your method

i could not find a modded bios to match my bord so guess my quest will on

You could email OriginalMACNUT to ask him to mod your BIOS......

you know his email verdant

Fill in the form on his website here..... ;)

could the fact i have been trying to install mac on an old ide drive effect the out come of it working or not and dose any know here i can get ati hd radeon 4650 drivers for mac

It all depends on the BIOS and its settings for CPU, SATA and IDE parameters, plus how IDE devices are jumpered and connected........I hope not with your updated BIOS but the possibility still there that you may need a modded BIOS or need a DSDT.aml patch in boot file.....

As for your GFX card driver......I would first focus on getting OS X running OK using onbard framebuffer in Vesa 3.0 mode.....you can sort out video driver later......

i filled out a thing on that web site for a modded bios not heard any thing and as to this dsdt.aml i feel stupid asking but how would i go about doing something like that

I pulled this from my nForce threads' post #1 for you:

HELP FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING ACPI-APIC and/or BIOS PROBLEMS (e.g. always needing to use the cpus=1 boot flag)

If your System Hangs after Boot Screen Message:

"Mac framework successfully initialized

Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

where XXXX may be 16384, 14805, 10485, 5242 typically......

XXXX Number Explanation:

16384 is reported to indicate ≥ 4GB RAM

14805 is reported to indicate 2GB RAM

The Error Cause may be:

ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext

The Error Solution may be:

Replace ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext with compatible version(s); generally found in older distros...…or as an "ACPI Fix" or "ACPI-APIC Old" or similar in recent distros.....

HOWEVER, if different versions of these kexts do not resolve the error, then you may need a modified-DSDT BIOS……this is because the DSDT is a part of the ACPI subsystem.

ACPI is the acronym for Advanced Configuration & Power Interface. The ACPI interface has been around since 1999 and used on the majority of i386 and x86_64 systems since then.

ACPI is an abstraction level that is interfaced between the OS and the platform firmware and hardware. This abstraction layer's, i.e. ACPI's purpose is to hide differences in the platform firmware and/or hardware from most of the operating system kernel codebase, in order that most of the kernel codebase does not have to be changed for the OS to run on systems with different hardware and/or firmware. Thus, OS and the platform can evolve independently so that a new OS should be able to run on old hardware, while an older OS should be able to run on new hardware.DSDT is an acronym for Differentiated System Description Table. The DSDT contains the Differentiated Definition Block, which supplies the information and configuration information about the base system. It is always incorporated in the ACPI Namespace by the OS at bootup. However, it is sad fact that a number of MOBO manufacturers do not seem able to provide fully functional DSDTs as part of their MOBOs' BIOS.

For example, MSI MOBOs often need a DSDT string-modded BIOS.....read this

thread.....and see here......Kabyl may be able to help you.....BUT also see OriginalMACNUT's OSXCORES......e.g. MSI P7N nForce 750i SLI Platinum......also see fassl's DSDT Patcher.......using mackerintel's Chameleon with DSDT Override bootloader......as well as koalala's ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML, CPU Cores, HPET, RTC, TM, GFX......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok guys i have been working and searching endless days and hours to try and my msi p7n sli-fi mobo to run mac and only probly i think is left is i dont know what chipset to pick and if i need set my cpu flag to =1 on booting i have the nforce chip set and im not sure on the core i need to use in 10.5.6 i was using the sleepstep but i'm not sure i think once i get the other 2 probs figured out i should be set. on i am trying to use a ide drive i cut my sata controllers off in my bios and did not did the appleatanforce phy error i was getting so i feel im make head way. well if any one has any idea's left me know please and i fix the video problem to i found my old x1650 ati card.

Thank you all in Advance

OriginalMACNUT i know you are busy but did you get around to looking at my bios and if you did do you think modding it will help i mean i got my mobo booting kalyway 10.5.2 and ideneb 10.5.6 but that dont mean the os will boot i know on the old mobo i had i had to downgrade the bios or mac would not boot so if you have any idea's hit me up man