Dell Inspiron 1525 Audio problems

verynice

1 post in this topic

Hi, I've tried every combination of HDAENABLER.kext, APPLEHDA.kext and codec dump from all the posts in these forums with some success but some without. With some I get sounds but then my laptop won't shut down ie: lights stay on but screen shuts off, some i get sound with shutdown but then no headphones. I've tried the codec dumps with applehdapatcher and this results in no mute button and no shutdown. I am currently running ideneb v1.4 10.5.6 so far the only working solution that I have is the dell post instaler v.1.4.1 with the selection of Sigmatel 9228 in the sounds section. With this installed I get headphones, mute button and shutdown works perfect. But my issue with this is that about every 2-3 restarts my sound is lost and I have to reinstall with the post installer to get it worknig again.... It's quite frustrating I'm hoping someone has a solution that's worked for them. I'm all ears and willing to try any combination since I've tried most others. Thanks for the help , also in my bios is says sigmatel 9205 ... but only 9228 works