Mac Pro Front Panel Audio

iDVD

27 posts in this topic

My audio cable was rewired to include all of the correct design features as specified in the Intel HD audio specification. In the end it only required the addition of a couple well placed resistors to the connection plug. Now my cable is officially recognized by the motherboard, and all of the detection circuitry works. So if my machine is booted into Windows, plugging in headphones causes the port to auto-recognize.

Time permitting, I'll draw up a diagram and post the results for others to follow.

Mark

• 4 years later...

Hello, again. After my first post some time has passed. In that day when I wrote the post, I figure out my front USB and audio pins and it worked fine with OSX and Windows. After that a few years later I upgraded my motherboard, and I don't know why, but I did not use my front panel output, maybe I don't need it at that time or something. Right now I need these front panel ports. USB working fine. Front audio does not working any more and I don't know why.  Maybe motherboard front audio wiring changed in years or maybe it depends on motherboard manufacture. Maybe operating system changed something with drivers.  In the past I have it MSI and now GIGABYTE. 

Maybe someone have any thoughts why the same wiring does not working with gigabyte motherboard?