formated the hd to mac journeld how to turn back

4 posts in this topic

allright so i turned one of my hdd to mac journeld now i cant format back to fat or ntsc.

i use partition magic and it says its in bad situation.

i also tried throught the mac dvd in disk utillity and when i press the hd it says it mac journeld and i tried to erase it few times but wont go back to fat.

help someone?

allright so i turned one of my hdd to mac journeld now i cant format back to fat or ntsc.

i use partition magic and it says its in bad situation.

i also tried throught the mac dvd in disk utillity and when i press the hd it says it mac journeld and i tried to erase it few times but wont go back to fat.

help someone?

If you partitioned GUID then you need to partition again to MBR to do that I believe choose the Options button in diskutil when you have the drive selected in the partitioning screen. If you only have windows on the machine now then go into your Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management to so the same.

ok thx,i tried with diskpart but it says that i cant cus its not empty but i checked its empty!

Must be telling you it is in use maybe I have never seen it complain about anything being on it before. Try selecting the partition itself then chose the unmount option at the top then select the drive to partition/format how you want it.