I have:

P43 based mobo

Q6600

2x 2gb DDR2

ATI X4850

1x 200GB IDE

1x 1TB SATA2

1x DVDRW IDE

I want to turn my current setup into a dual boot hackintosh, a new mobo is the option I'd prefer. Can anyone recommend a D975 (or whatevers good) based mobo with highly compatible onboard stuff. Everything I don't list above (SATA controller, Sound, 100MB ethernet) I would be using onboard. Are there any other forseeable problems?

I'm afraid I know jack all about MACs so preferably I'd want something that could make it all the way to fully booting before I start having to look stuff up especially since I'm wrecking my only rig to save cash.

Can anyone recommend the best way to go about the software installation? Which OS should I install first and how best should I split the drive? I will be using the 200gb ide (if that will work without hacking up ktext).

Everything looks fine to me, I'm not sure about the ATI card though. I have a Nvidia so i can't help you there. I have the same processor as you and it works great! my mobo is a lot older then yours (intel 975 chipset). What is the exact name of your mobo? You should check the HCL to see how compatible it is.

For the distro, I would go with either iDeneb v1.3 distro or Kalyway. I've heard iPC 10.5.6 is quite good also but i've never tried it.

Everything looks fine to me, I'm not sure about the ATI card though. I have a Nvidia so i can't help you there. I have the same processor as you and it works great! my mobo is a lot older then yours (intel 975 chipset). What is the exact name of your mobo? You should check the HCL to see how compatible it is.

For the distro, I would go with either iDeneb v1.3 distro or Kalyway. I've heard iPC 10.5.6 is quite good also but i've never tried it.

Hi,

Sorry to kidnap this thread, but it's the first time I've run across some one using a Q6600 quad. I have an HP Pavillion with an asus MB along with an Nvidia 7900 gt. I would like to use this with Logic 8 or DP 6.02. I have a group OSX OSX 10.5 disk

Is this a good start for hackentosch and where does a newbe wanna be start?

Thanks

You're going to have to find out about your NIC and sound eventually. :( Everything looks fine but I would buy a SATA drive to do your hackintosh experiments on and leave your other drives alone, use the bios as a boot loader.

Khan