Really old PC

The_old_PC

8 posts in this topic

Ok i got a pretty old pc with Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ HT ;)

So i wanted to ask if i could install mac osx leopard on the pc.

If so which version should i download:

Will there be any problems or will it work fine.

My graphic card is an agp ati hd radeon 3850

Is there any tutorial which i could follow and i also have ubuntu and windows running as a parallel installation will this installation corrupt anything and i cant boot anymore?.

Thx for the help!

Will there be any problems or will it work fine

What is your motherboard? This is the most important. But there's a very good chance you can get it working

If so which version should i download:
Neither. Get yourself iPC 10.5.6, or iDeneb, or XxX, or iAtkos.
Is there any tutorial which i could follow and i also have ubuntu and windows running as a parallel installation will this installation corrupt anything and i cant boot anymore?.
Go to the tutorials section. It'll shouldn't mess up anything if you do it right.

What is your motherboard? This is the most important. But there's a very good chance you can get it working

Neither. Get yourself iPC 10.5.6, or iDeneb, or XxX, or iAtkos.

Go to the tutorials section. It'll shouldn't mess up anything if you do it right.

OK thanks for the fast reply according to cpu z my motherboard is P4V88+

There is no manufacturer writtet but the chipset is from via.

Where can i download these files and where are the tutorials?

Sorry if i bother but i am new to this thing. So please have patience thanks a lot!

Found a tutorial and a download link will this work fine?

download

tutorial

http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2008/10/osx-l...1055-on-pc.html

Is this ok and what is sse2 does my cpu have that?

OK thanks for the fast reply according to cpu z my motherboard is P4V88+

There is no manufacturer writtet but the chipset is from via.

Where can i download these files and where are the tutorials?

Sorry if i bother but i am new to this thing. So please have patience thanks a lot!

Found a tutorial and a download link will this work fine?

download

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2289273

tutorial

http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2008/10/osx-l...1055-on-pc.html

Is this ok and what is sse2 does my cpu have that?

A google search for PV488 brings up a lot of links to ASRock, so I would guess that is the manufacturer of your motherboard. If you have a Linux LiveCD (the Xubuntu LiveCD will fit on a CD-RW btw, or the System Restore CD is even smaller), you could boot an run lspci -vv and lsusb -vv. That would give you a good idea of what hardware is on your system.

Your CPU probably has SSE3 since it has hyperthreading, but I'm not sure. cpuz will tell you that too. It definitely has SSE2, but SSE3 is the one you really want. SSE2 is just bare minimum to run.

A google search for PV488 brings up a lot of links to ASRock, so I would guess that is the manufacturer of your motherboard. If you have a Linux LiveCD (the Xubuntu LiveCD will fit on a CD-RW btw, or the System Restore CD is even smaller), you could boot an run lspci -vv and lsusb -vv. That would give you a good idea of what hardware is on your system.

Your CPU probably has SSE3 since it has hyperthreading, but I'm not sure. cpuz will tell you that too. It definitely has SSE2, but SSE3 is the one you really want. SSE2 is just bare minimum to run.

Ok it has mmx sse and sse2 but not sse3

but it will still run or?

I hope

Can i follow the tutorial and use the downloadlink is that ok?

You should fix your previous posts!!

"No posting of direct or indirect links to warez or pirated pieces of software, this includes cracks, serials and torrents."

Oh sorry got rid of them but iDeneb_v1.4_OSx86_ISO should work fine and the tutorial works or? is Ideneb a good releaser? or is iaktor better since i only have sse2 which releaser would you recomend?

Which supporst sse2 better?