HELP! Acer TM 6292 !

skx

3 posts in this topic

Alright, so I snagged an Acer TravelMate 6292 (TM 6292) with the hopes of loading OS X on it.

My status is the following:

JaS 10.4.8 loads and installs brilliantly, booting from the DVD, and from the installed hard drive EVERY time perfectly. Downside: no X3100 graphics drivers, which means I'm running at a crappy resolution with no QE/CI. At least it runs!

Then things get a little random:

KALYWAY 10.5.2 will occasionally (like the 5th or 6th time) boot the install disc. Once booted I can install 10.5.2. After installing I usually get one good boot from the hard drive into the installed 10.5.2 environment. After that I get the dreaded 'waiting for root device' message at startup and things don't progress any further.

I have burned iAtkos 10.5.5, iPC 10.5.6, iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5, and JaS 10.5.6 client/server... all which seem to not want to boot (they hang at the 'waiting for root device' message all the time).

I've got the latest BIOS, and good, clean copies of each of the discs (they've all been burned at 4x and verified).

Looking for any help and guidance!! Thanks in advance!

Alright, so I snagged an Acer TravelMate 6292 (TM 6292) with the hopes of loading OS X on it.

My status is the following:

JaS 10.4.8 loads and installs brilliantly, booting from the DVD, and from the installed hard drive EVERY time perfectly. Downside: no X3100 graphics drivers, which means I'm running at a crappy resolution with no QE/CI. At least it runs!

Then things get a little random:

KALYWAY 10.5.2 will occasionally (like the 5th or 6th time) boot the install disc. Once booted I can install 10.5.2. After installing I usually get one good boot from the hard drive into the installed 10.5.2 environment. After that I get the dreaded 'waiting for root device' message at startup and things don't progress any further.

I have burned iAtkos 10.5.5, iPC 10.5.6, iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5, and JaS 10.5.6 client/server... all which seem to not want to boot (they hang at the 'waiting for root device' message all the time).

I've got the latest BIOS, and good, clean copies of each of the discs (they've all been burned at 4x and verified).

Looking for any help and guidance!! Thanks in advance!

I still got that boot problem but it never gone over 3 times in worst case . I neither have a clue nor how to fix it but I keep those plist and kext clean I only keep one that I'm sure it work and repair permission frequently and when u reboot use -f in first shot and dont use any flag unecessary

and one thing use gma 950 that come with kalyway save u alot of trouble I go for 10.5.6 too but I getback to 5.2 now it the most stable with speedstep almost same as vista not too hot Only got one word for u keep it minimum mod