Acer PowerFG

B1naryN1nja

4 posts in this topic

Hey, this is my first post, so bear with me.

I recently converted my work PC into a hackintosh (Was very happy to see that it installed without any hardware changes on this Acer PowerFG)

There is only one hiccup though, the sound doesn't work. The audio is on board, and the motherboard is a gigabyte 845gv/gl. Its running Kalyway with the Darwin kernal. Just wondering if anyone has had any success getting sound working on these.

If not, anyone know any cheap sound cards that will work with Kalyway? Sound isn't important for what I do, but its nice to have.

-Mike

Apple drvers does not support all hardware. So you need some custom driver.

Proably only the comp model does not help you here and its sure, that people does not search this forum for your problem to help you.

But what you can do, this is the first and most important part. You have to figure out exact model of your audio device. Use OSx86 Tools to identify your device. It has tool View PCI Device. So figure out your device info and start searching with google and this forum for your driver for example ALC883 osx86

Sadly the search engine of this forum, does not show new topics on some reason.

Ok, I installed osx86 tools and here is what I found about the on board sound..

Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:2668] (rev 04)

So would I just be searching for drivers for 82801FB?

actually, scratch that.. I don't think I'll be able to get the on board audio to work.. But I did find a sound card.

Its a Creative Audigy LS. I saw the topic about the Audigy drivers, but it says that it won't work for the LS type.

Anyone know if someone has found a driver for the LS?