Infrared port working on HP ZD8000

7 posts in this topic

Hi to all, I just discovered that my HP Infrared remote control works under intel OS X :gun: , my version installed is 10.4.6 , and my laptop is a HP ZD8000 but i guess it can be funtional under others laptops with integrated IR , the buttons that work are:

- Power on-of

- Volume + - mute

- Directionals arrows (the black ones with the "ok" in center)

- the curved arrow just besides the - volume button, acting like delete key (be carefull)

AppleIRController.kext is suposed to manage IR conections , but i have done some test in the terminal and this driver is not loaded but the IR control remote works anyway, also in the system profiler the IR port is not listed, this is weird :gathering: i just put in the terminal this:

$ kextstat -l

and list all the loaded kexts (no IR kext loaded)

Someone have some experience with IR conections under X86.

Note: i just notice this scary kext loaded (its apple looking us :thumbsdown_anim: ?)

77 0 0x33a86000 0x3000 0x2000 com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X (6.0.0) <76 6 4 3 2>

I think this remote control is supported by laptop hardware, just working like a TV remote control. No further driver needed. Certainly, if with driver, it can do more function.

Yep, you are right , i think the remote control is acting like a extension of the keyboard and no more, but have some funtions are better than nothing :)

I tried to load the AppleIRController.kext manually, its succesful loaded but nothing change at all, im looking for another way to fully activate de IR port in OS X, im going to investigate

Hey, have you tried using this remote with frontrow?

I have a zd8000 myself with 10.4.5 installed.. but my remote doesnt seem t work with it..

What kind of remote are you using with the laptop? Im using my media center remote... are you using the media center remote or the slide-in thin remote you can hide in the laptop? also maybe it could be my version of the osx? whats the name of the version 10.4.6 that u have(ex: myzar dvd.iso)?

it would be really neat to get the remote working with front row..

Hey, have you tried using this remote with frontrow?

I have a zd8000 myself with 10.4.5 installed.. but my remote doesnt seem t work with it..

What kind of remote are you using with the laptop? Im using my media center remote... are you using the media center remote or the slide-in thin remote you can hide in the laptop? also maybe it could be my version of the osx? whats the name of the version 10.4.6 that u have(ex: myzar dvd.iso)?

it would be really neat to get the remote working with front row..

HI , i not tried the remote control with frontrow, because i dont have frontrow installed :D, the remote control is the included with the laptop (the hp thin one).

My version of OS X is the MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL:AMD:SSE3:SSE2).iso

with the update 10.4.6 Amd/Intel Update (search in the pirate bay :) )

DANGER !!! : Dont install Apple FrontRow in your PC, i do and destroy my OS X, i have to install all again.

• 3 years later...

Customize Options for HP ZD8000?

Somebody knows how to install this version in a hp zd8000 for 10.5.7?

I am trying and trying with diferent installations (customize) but don´t get with the correct one!!!!!

Thanks!

smile.gif