Need some help with boot 132 not able to boot from HD after install

shuuja

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone thanks for all the info I've read so far. I'm really exited as this is the closest i've ever been to getting my system to work. So let's begin by giving you a run down I'm using a boot loader 132 to boot from cd using a sata dvd-r drive. I'm able to install leopard on my sata hardrive with no problem I have two of them but only one is connected so far. Then I restart and able to boot from the hardrive using the boot 132. After that I'm using a plug in called UInstaller_1.2 for my kext everything seems fine. I restart my computer go to the bios to make sure that my boot sequence is loading from the hardrive that my leopard is installed on. but when I exit the bios it doesnt want to boot from the hardrive. On top of my mac usb keaboard doent want to work so I have to plug in a pc keaboard in order to access the bios. I'm thinking its the kext that's the problem but not sure can anyone help me. Here is my hardware setup

Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard

Geforce 8600 GT 265 mgz video card

Intel 2 Quad core Q6600 2.4 Ghz cpU

4x 2 Gigs of ddr2 ram

seagate 500gb sata 32m cache

sony nec optiark 20x dvdrw

antec sonata III midtower w/500psu

Please someone help looking forward to having this system up and running.

did you boot up the system with boot-132 cd after install ? Did this work ? There exists another chameleon bootpackage with extra folder support, try this one ... sorry, I do not remember where I found it, search for bootpackage +chameleon +snow or similar ...

If all won't work, try MacLoader:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=128274&hl=

As for this info you have given below.... Looks like you tried installing PC-EFI from UInstaller.

The reason its not booting to ur Hard Disk is the PC_EFi install was not successful.

Did u try again booting from Boot 132 CD? if it worked booting with Boot 132 CD.

Then try using Munky's Method so that u can boot from Hard Disk without using Boot 132 CD everytime.

Here is the link. it worked for me...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127330

Follow the instructions given by Monkey carefully... once u r done with it. ur Machine boots without Boot 132.

Good Luck.... :lol:

Hi everyone thanks for all the info I've read so far. I'm really exited as this is the closest i've ever been to getting my system to work. So let's begin by giving you a run down I'm using a boot loader 132 to boot from cd using a sata dvd-r drive. I'm able to install leopard on my sata hardrive with no problem I have two of them but only one is connected so far. Then I restart and able to boot from the hardrive using the boot 132. After that I'm using a plug in called UInstaller_1.2 for my kext everything seems fine. I restart my computer go to the bios to make sure that my boot sequence is loading from the hardrive that my leopard is installed on. but when I exit the bios it doesnt want to boot from the hardrive. On top of my mac usb keaboard doent want to work so I have to plug in a pc keaboard in order to access the bios. I'm thinking its the kext that's the problem but not sure can anyone help me. Here is my hardware setup

Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard

Geforce 8600 GT 265 mgz video card

Intel 2 Quad core Q6600 2.4 Ghz cpU

4x 2 Gigs of ddr2 ram

seagate 500gb sata 32m cache

sony nec optiark 20x dvdrw

antec sonata III midtower w/500psu

Please someone help looking forward to having this system up and running.