Waiting on IOProviderClass..IOResources

cFoo

13 posts in this topic

After upgrading from 10.5.4 (Kalyway) to 10.5.5 I'm getting the dreaded messages:

"Waiting for boot volume with UUID *randomly generated array of numbers and letters*" Then

"Waiting on <dict ID='0'><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID='1'>IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID='2'>boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

It works fine if I boot with -f -v

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I don't get why it would work if I add a -f in the boot parameter. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, but this happens when I insert the XxX 10.5.6 install DVD to a new computer. The motherboard used is MSI G31M3-L V2, with a G31 chipset (with BIOS patched). All SATA drives.

I can't get past it even with -f -v. Does anyone know whats going on?

• 4 weeks later...

I get this same message on iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 when I put in the disc

Can't even get to the installer :)

*Edit: but when I tried booting with -f -v flags, I got one line past the IOProviderClass:

"ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.3"

Not exactly something useful, but it adds, right? :)

• 1 month later...

hey did any one find solution to this problem? I am also stuck at this line...

waiting on IOProviderClass

I tried installing with iPC 10.5.7 and its not moving past it....

any one have solutions please help me out!

I don't remember how exactly I resolved it, but I remember that one of the things I did was use the cpus=1 flag and turned off some things in the BIOS.

USB Legacy Support > Disabled

Execute Disabled bit > Enabled

Max CPUiD Value Limit > Disabled

After that it all booted up, and after the install I didn't need the cpus=1 flag. If it doesn't work with just that flag try adding the -f -v too.

Good luck.

I don't remember how exactly I resolved it, but I remember that one of the things I did was use the cpus=1 flag and turned off some things in the BIOS.

USB Legacy Support > Disabled

Execute Disabled bit > Enabled

Max CPUiD Value Limit > Disabled

After that it all booted up, and after the install I didn't need the cpus=1 flag. If it doesn't work with just that flag try adding the -f -v too.

Good luck.

I tried it but it did not work

my system is dell inspiron 1501, and all the hardware are compatible... i used iPC to do this but cant get past this error can some1 help?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I found the solution.

This occurs when you are using Kernal Flags and set rd= pointing to a partition which is not the partition which you want to load your MacOSX system from.

For instance I had an installation on partition 2 of my hard disk. I have Chameleon running so in /Extras/com.apple.Boot.plist I had the following entries:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
       <key>Kernel</key>
       <string>mach_kernel</string>
       <key>Kernel Flags</key>
       <string>arch=i386 [color="#FF0000"][i][b]rd=rdisk0s2[/b][/i][/color]</string>
       <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
       <string>No</string>
       <key>Timeout</key>
       <string>5</string>
       <key>Legacy Logo</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
       <string>Yes</string>
       <key>Theme</key>
       <string>Bullet</string>
       <key>Graphics Mode</key>
       <string>1680x1050x32</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Later I made a disk image of the volume and restored it to a different partition, but I kept getting the IOProviderClass error.

After I removed the rd Kernal Flag I was able to boot again. I don't know why I originally put that that kernal flag in there but it must of been out of some noobish sense that it would some how help me.

But, hypothetically you could just set the rd kernal flag to point to the partition with the MacOSX system you wish to load, but unless you specifically need to use it for some reason, I would just remove it all together because it will effectively prevent you from booting into multiple MacOSX systems on the one machine.

• 8 years later...

Good afternoon,
Please tell me how to install Mojave 10.14.6 correctly on my hardware, I can not help but install,
It gives an error when installing Mojave 10.14.6,. I tried different MAC OSs, the result is the same !! help me please

Spoiler

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

My configuration: Intel Xeon E5-2670, 2600 MHz (26 x 100) | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Radeon RX 560 Series (4 GB) | Windows 10

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg

Report.txt

config.plist

Edited by geningvd