installed Myzar 10.4.4-5 DVD, but doesn't boot

iMacME

6 posts in this topic

Hi, just used Myzar 10.4.4-5 patched DVD that ran and installed fine without problems on my PC. however when my PC tries to boot i just get a blank command prompt screen with a flashing cursor and it does nothing. no darwin, no apple logo, nothing.

i installed on a Pentium-4 2.4ghz 478, Asus P4V8X-MX with VIA P4M800 chipset, a GeForce 5200 128mb video card, 768mb memory. WD 160gb P-ata drive.

any help or pointers on figuring out what's wrong would be appreciated. when i ran the Myzar DVD again, it shows that OSX 10.4.5 installed and even says i can't re-install on that partition because it's a higher version.

Hi

You install in MBR or in a partition of disk? I boot from a seconday disk, because I have XP on primary. I boot via "chain" utility.

Your configuration meets all of the requeriments.

You can't reinstall, because the dvd train to install a 10.4.4. version with 10.4.5 update... this is normal.

hi you seeI have the same problem with macx86 tiger 10.4.4version

Sorry for my english but maybe you will be able to undestand me.

you see I have instaled mac os on my second disk (20 gb) and I have the same problem as isse03, when instalation was end , after reboot i just have a black screen with a flashing cursor.

could you help my? what can i do ?

i have to repeat instalation in only one dysk or make a partition, or there is another solution?

please help me

after several repartitioning and installs (4-5) last night :P, i finally got it to work. i was pretty sure the installs were being done correctly, since rebooting the install disc showed that the partition had 10.4.5 on it, so i made the assumption that the partition wasn't being set up correctly. this was cuz i have some experience configuring a ext fw/usb drive that is usable on both a PC and Mac (and bootable on a Mac). PC an Mac use different boot record information on the drive, so making sure you sync the two with the right info is crucial.

i now have Win2k3 on one drive, and OSX86 on another. best thing to do is first, set up a partition in Windows (using command prompt DiskPart util) and set it active. This will allow your PC to see and know that you can BOOT that partition. next boot up the OSX86 install DVD, and when you get to the part to select your destination (it might be empty or have a partition showing that says not installable, can't recall exactly), but go to the top menu selection and select DiskUtility from the drop down. from there select the DRIVE (not partition) with the Mac partition you created in Windows (it will be the displayed on the left), and from there select "partition" option on the right (in between "erase" and "raid"). select the Mac partition from the middle display and select "mac jextended (journaled)" and commit it by clicking on "partition" button on the bottom right corner. the partition will formated and committed to the drive. quiet DiskUtility and continue on with the install.

now i have to figure out why my system has no USB, no LAN and no Sound! :) my install only recognizes keyboard and mouse pluged into the PS2 ports, profiler says i have a network card with the cable not plugged in, and there is no profile of a sound card. also my video is stuck at 1024x768, but that's alright, sure i'll find something at MacVidia when i have a chance to look.

after several repartitioning and installs (4-5) last night :P, i finally got it to work. i was pretty sure the installs were being done correctly, since rebooting the install disc showed that the partition had 10.4.5 on it, so i made the assumption that the partition wasn't being set up correctly. this was cuz i have some experience configuring a ext fw/usb drive that is usable on both a PC and Mac (and bootable on a Mac). PC an Mac use different boot record information on the drive, so making sure you sync the two with the right info is crucial.

i now have Win2k3 on one drive, and OSX86 on another. best thing to do is first, set up a partition in Windows (using command prompt DiskPart util) and set it active. This will allow your PC to see and know that you can BOOT that partition. next boot up the OSX86 install DVD, and when you get to the part to select your destination (it might be empty or have a partition showing that says not installable, can't recall exactly), but go to the top menu selection and select DiskUtility from the drop down. from there select the DRIVE (not partition) with the Mac partition you created in Windows (it will be the displayed on the left), and from there select "partition" option on the right (in between "erase" and "raid"). select the Mac partition from the middle display and select "mac jextended (journaled)" and commit it by clicking on "partition" button on the bottom right corner. the partition will formated and committed to the drive. quiet DiskUtility and continue on with the install.

now i have to figure out why my system has no USB, no LAN and no Sound! :) my install only recognizes keyboard and mouse pluged into the PS2 ports, profiler says i have a network card with the cable not plugged in, and there is no profile of a sound card. also my video is stuck at 1024x768, but that's alright, sure i'll find something at MacVidia when i have a chance to look.

I have seen this partition space when I install as well. However, I was worried that it would erase my other drives as well considering that for some reason they showed up as extended in that same menu. Is it possible you could confirm that yours pulls up the same information? IT would make an install a little easier if we were to know that the partition function didn't do anything to the other partitions despite what it shows. We could technically ignore changing it to "af" in disk util etc. Thanks.

not sure what you are asking me to confirm. just like any other disk util, if you don't touch and commit any changes to a disk, they won't be affected. but if you are asking about having both windows and osx partitions on the same drive, then there is always a risk of messing things up and wiping out the drive. that's why my experiements, both getting a ext fw/usb drive to have both mac & windows partition, as well as now trying to get osx86 running on a pc, has always been with a spare drive with no data on it that i can't afford to risk losing.