4 posts in this topic

My setup:

Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM/PS

CPU: Celeron 2.66

Ram: 2gb

Video: Gigabyte ATI Radeon X600 PRO PCI-E 256mb

DVD: SATA

Hard drive: IDE

I just successfully installed iDeneb 1.3 which is OSX 10.5.5. No problems during install.

On reboot after install, I've changed the boot order in the bios back to HD first. It gets to the boot loader and I press a key so that I can enter the "-v" flag. It recognises that it's booting from the drive "Leopard" which is what I named it during install.

Then it spits out a few lines very quickly and reboots again. I can pass -x -f -s and it seems to be loading kexts for a few seconds but way too quick for me to read what it gets up to before rebooting.

One thing to note: I had no idea what packages to select in the custom install, so apart from some of the optional software, I didn't select anything else. Should I have (based on my above specs)? I get the feeling it'll probably need drivers for something like onboard LAN or sound, but no idea what to select. Also, any bios settings I should look out for which might cause this?

All advice appreciated.

cheers,

Ian

For me, installing Video and Wifi (or just one on its own) caused some sort of problem which stopped me from finishing booting..

Your quick restart confuses me, however sometimes, especially video drivers, cause kernel panics leading to a reboot.

Maybe reinstall this time only choosing Absolutely Necessary drivers, ie Chipset and some fixes for your system, otherwise leave other items.

It took me about 6 reinstalls to actually get my install to boot due to these driver problems.

Good luck.

Maybe reinstall this time only choosing Absolutely Necessary drivers, ie Chipset and some fixes for your system, otherwise leave other items.

Thanks. I guess what I don't know is which are the Absolutely Necessary drivers?

- Given that my motherboard chipset is ICH7, does that mean I need the "ICHx Fixed" patch?

- Given that my video card is ATI Radeon x600 PRO, what video patches, if any, should I select? I had to have the video card to install on this mboard - it's a known issue with P5KPL that it won't install with the onboard video.

- I'm assuming I should have chosen the AppleAzaliaAudio (having only just now looked at what the onboard audio is for my mboard)

- Any ideas about patches for the onboard LAN?

thanks,

Ian