How do I surf with a proxy?

2 posts in this topic

I've never used a proxy other than once I tried proxify.com and managed to access a site I wasn't supposed to initially.

Anyways so here's the rundown:

I'm from sweden, but I currently live in hollywood. swedish national television has their programming online in flash format as well, but if I try to view it, it detects me not being in sweden and thus blocking me from viewing the content.

Of course I tried what I've used before; proxify.com, but that never loads the video for some reason.

My main question:

I searched for "sweden proxy" and found a list of swedish proxies. What are they?

Look here for what I'm looking at:

http://www.aliveproxy.com/proxy-list/proxies.aspx/Sweden-SE

Currently using google chrome, I entered some proxy settings hoping for a difference. Not sure I notice anything at all.

How does one surf with a proxy?

Does every bit of data have to go through the proxy once you use it? That's relevant if you want to view video and have to depend on a third party connection.

I've never used a proxy other than once I tried proxify.com and managed to access a site I wasn't supposed to initially.

Anyways so here's the rundown:

I'm from sweden, but I currently live in hollywood. swedish national television has their programming online in flash format as well, but if I try to view it, it detects me not being in sweden and thus blocking me from viewing the content.

Of course I tried what I've used before; proxify.com, but that never loads the video for some reason.

My main question:

I searched for "sweden proxy" and found a list of swedish proxies. What are they?

Look here for what I'm looking at:

http://www.aliveproxy.com/proxy-list/proxies.aspx/Sweden-SE

Currently using google chrome, I entered some proxy settings hoping for a difference. Not sure I notice anything at all.

How does one surf with a proxy?

Does every bit of data have to go through the proxy once you use it? That's relevant if you want to view video and have to depend on a third party connection.

Hi there,

A good start to know about proxy server would be here...

I use my own proxy server at home to reduce duplicate bandwidth and optimize web surfing..

It does really help when you're normally downloading big files or viewing lotsa pictures / videos...

If you want to run your own proxy server in your home on your mac this would help...