p5w dh cpu upgrade from oc e6600@3.6 to q6600

2 posts in this topic

I was fortunate to already own a p5wdh when i first loaded kalyway on my system having got fed up vista i was looking at ubuntu and found this site, anyway i now tripple boot with xp pro ubuntu 8.10 and osx 10.5.2 kalyway

my current system is a h20 cooled e6600 on a p5w dh mainbaord with some heavy duty gskill 2gb ram.

My ref is

Graylinghunter on table below!

ocukeq7.png

anyway i am looking at a q6600 as i do quite a bit of encoding. my rig is also h20 cooled

The p5w dh has been a difficult board for q6600 to overclock by all accounts, have any of you guys gone down the q6600 route and if so what was the outcome.

have you overclocked it on a p5w dh board what did you max out at?

thanks in advance

cameronboy

I was fortunate to already own a p5wdh when i first loaded kalyway on my system having got fed up vista i was looking at ubuntu and found this site, anyway i now tripple boot with xp pro ubuntu 8.10 and osx 10.5.2 kalyway

my current system is a h20 cooled e6600 on a p5w dh mainbaord with some heavy duty gskill 2gb ram.

My ref is

Graylinghunter on table below!

ocukeq7.png

anyway i am looking at a q6600 as i do quite a bit of encoding. my rig is also h20 cooled

The p5w dh has been a difficult board for q6600 to overclock by all accounts, have any of you guys gone down the q6600 route and if so what was the outcome.

have you overclocked it on a p5w dh board what did you max out at?

thanks in advance

cameronboy

Oh well added the q6600 go to my p5w dh deluxe and as most reports suggest it does not over clock with the p5wdh. 2.8ghz. Manual over clock.

despite my system running rock solid for the past two years at 3.6ghz with a core duo e6600 on above chart. I am not over disappointed as I am not an avid game player any more so vid encoding provided by the quad will over ride any bragging rites I used to have.

I will put the e600 on ebay as my other sytem is an amd am2 media sytem in the bed room.

Just thought others may want to know how I got on.

I got the system to post and run with the q6600 go at 3.2ghz but the system soon crashed.

So if you have a p5w dh dont expect any major overclocks on a quad. My system is a quality hzo cooled monster if I was going get a result it would have been on my rig.

I can settle at 2.8ghz on NI boost current temps 22deg c 32 under othos under full load.

here endeth the reading

Cameronboy