Come on guys...What is left to read about...?

icemanzh

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

First of all, i'm portuguese, so don't laugh so much about my text....

This far i could help myself out, since Kaly's 10.5.2, passing by iDeneb 10.5.5 ( my favorite, thanks! ) and now with Vanilla Retail 10.5.6 ( thanks to Munky's tuto, well done Munky !) :thumbsup_anim: .

It has been fun reading across this GREAT FORUM and thanks to all been able to solve mostly all.

Now i just got stuck... :D So far in my reading sessons, i see that 10.5.6 as brought a lot of things to make the days happy but, also for you guys, that spend hours codding nad writing drivers, a lot to think about...

The point is, i need some help on my journey :)

On 10.5.6 i'm not able to get correct Hardware description, no matter wich SMBios i use or where i place it...

and my damn GeForce 8600M GS can't get QE enabled, no matter EFI strings or injector's used...

Now, where on hell am i going wrong???

Can somebody bring some light in the Darkness ?

Any help would save me from buying a pair of glasses... reading ones :)

Thanks InsanelyMac !

Come on, people, i forgot to say "please" but at least i said "thanks"....

I realy need some help here and for sure somebody can help.

I don't mind testing and even reinstall, i'm here to learn so, just point some directions, please... :censored2:

Thanks again.

Kudos for trying it yourself. Which NVidia kext do you use? 10.5.5 or 10.5.6? You might want to check out the latest ones. At least they worked for me. Did you use the correct Device ID in NV*50* and NV*Resman,*?

Did your card ever work (eg in Tiger)? Did you find others who got it to work?

• 2 weeks later...
Kudos for trying it yourself. Which NVidia kext do you use? 10.5.5 or 10.5.6? You might want to check out the latest ones. At least they worked for me. Did you use the correct Device ID in NV*50* and NV*Resman,*?

Did your card ever work (eg in Tiger)? Did you find others who got it to work?

QE solved. After a couple of hours getting bored just reinstall NV*50* and NV*Resman and no mess with them,

install NVdarwin 1.2.5 ONLY with my device ID and it went :)

As for the System Profiler, still need help... if someone can, thanks in advance

Icemanzh