My success stories: iPC 10.5.6 and iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

vampi

3 posts in this topic

Hello friends!

I have been successful in setting up iPC 10.5.6 and iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5.

Here are their stories:

iDeneb was the only DVD that was booting for me (Kalyway and iATKOS didn't work), so I went along with it. It installed fine, but I had some trouble. Eventually it worked fine. On installation i selcted the ACPI-Fix. The setup was this (you can see my hardware in my signature):

PATA (Marvell) driver: a modified AppleVIAATA.kext

Video: NVInstaller41

Audio: AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Kernel: Voodoo 9.5.0 (I think the vanilla would have worked too, dunno).

Only one core (cpus=1)

Later on, I tried installing iPC, but i had some trouble with it too. It looks like my motherboard, the Asus P5Q-PRO is becoming popular, and lucky for me, somebody provided a patched BIOS update (I used 1613_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_PRO_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip). It's a bit inconvenient for me to flash the BIOS, but it worked and now I'm running Leopard 10.5.6. I think software update might work too, but I've nothing to test it with (10.5.7? 10.6? Snow Leopard? I'll wait and see :( )

Graphics is working with NVKush (I tried a bunch of packages, NVInject and others, and they failed. In fact with NVInject I had screen corruption).

The Attansic L1 on-board network card still doesn't work, although I haven't given it much effort.

Not sure what other info to post. If you guys have questions, I'll be happy to answer them, and if there's extra info, I'll also update this post. I can also upload working kexts if you wish.

Here's a copy of my current signature, cause I might change it later:

Motherboard: Asus P5Q PRO with modified BIOS Chipset: Intel P45 / ICH10R CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core E1400 2.0GHz SSE2/SSSE3 (both cores working) RAM: 1GB HDD: 250GB IDE IDE controller: Marvell 88SE6121 (working) DVDRW: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N (IDE) (working) Audio: Realtek ALC1200 8-channel High Definition Audio codec (onboard) (working using AppleAzaliaAudio.kext) Video: Gigabyte GeForce 8400 GS 256 MB (working using NVKush) Network: Attansic L1 (not working properly) and Realtek 8139 (working with default drivers) USB Storage: Hama card reader (working) USB Printer: HP DeskJet F2180 All-in-one (working. see here) Operating Systems: iPC 10.5.6 with vanilla kernel 9.6.0, Windows XP, Ubuntu 8.10 Bootloader: GRUB + Chameleon 1.0.11

post-360849-1233505012_thumb.png

Thanks and good luck!

vampi

• 3 months later...

Congratulation to your achievement !

What have you done to get the Marvell 88SE6121 working ?

I can see the controller but not the disk behind (on an ASUS M3A32-MVP)

G.H.

Congratulation to your achievement !

What have you done to get the Marvell 88SE6121 working ?

I can see the controller but not the disk behind (on an ASUS M3A32-MVP)

G.H.

I was using a modified AppleVIAATA.kext. What I did was add the Marvell device ID to the list of device id's in the kext.

In the meanwhile I installed iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6, and it comes with that modified kext by default.

Hope that helps.