Windows 7 And Leopard

12 posts in this topic

Okay, I have been lurking here for a while trying to figure out what I should do but couldnt find anything.

I am trying to duel boot Windows 7 and iAtkos OS X Leopard I got the whole thing to install but now I am trying to get the duel boot to work.

I have used bcdedit to make another boot option on startup but when I choose "Mac OS X" it loads the windows 7 repair console. I have the path on "Mac OS X" set to c:\chain0 and I have the chain0 file in my c drive in windows. I just cant figure out how to make it boot Leopard.

Thanks,

Michael

Okay, Ive now added another boot option using EasyBCD and I used the option that it had to create a generic x86 mac option and when I tried to boot it said Chain booting error.

I'm running Windows XP and Windows 7, with OSX on my external drive, here's how I got mine to boot.

1) First, delete your OSX entry in EasyBCD.

2) Download this file: http://www.digitmemo.com/files/tboot.zip, extract tboot to C:\

3) Go to C:\, right-click on boot.ini, uncheck read-only if checked.

3) Edit boot.ini with notepad, and add this line: c:\tboot="Mac OSX Leopard", save the file.

4) Reboot, and it should work.

Note, I don't know if that method works in 7, as I did it from XP, because EasyBCD didn't work for me.

the way i did it was with acronis operating system selector. its a bit complicated, but basically, install leopard, install windows 7 and then install Acronis OS Selector manually edit the bootwiz.oss to have a Vista entry that refers to the win 7 partition and your mac partition should already have a entry.

i cant remember the forums where i read up, but if you give my your bootwiz.oss ill be glad to edit it for you

EDIT: this should help you get a windows 7 entry http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=229200 and leopard should already be there

just get Acronis Operating System selector from your favorite warez site and all will be good

Oh no I didnt do that.

When I used EasyBCD I got a Chain Boot Error so I went on a search for a fix.

First I put my iATKOS disk in and pressed f8 at boot then used command -s

Then input:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

quit

cd /usr/standalone/i386/

startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsx ./boot

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsx bs=512 count=1

dd if=boot0 of=/dev/rdiskXsx bs=400 count=1

reboot

Replacing all of the rdiskXsx with rdisk0s2 bc 0 is my hard disk number that leopard is on and 2 is the partition number.

Then I deleted my EasyBCD boot option and remade it, idk if this was necessary but I did it anyway. Rebooted and choose my mac option and it sent me to a screen to choose the partition to load and I just choose the Leopard partition and it booted just fine.

I used this tutorial, http://dailyapps.net/2008/03/hack-attack-d...-windows-vista/, but used the above in place of its fdisk stuff and EasyBCD to make the boot option. I wasnt having any success with the one it said to use, it just booted windows startup repair.

Another question, should I register the iATKOS Leopard? I know it said not to do updates but didnt say anything about registering.

so you have the dual boot working? and as for registration, just say that you have no internet connection, fill it out with fake info and delete the "send registration" shortcut

yes dual boot works great. Thanks for the registration stuff.

Now all I have to do is find out how to make a few things work,

like my wired internet, the sleep option, and probably more.

To enable it you have to edit the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/

You need to add these lines

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>

under

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>3.1.5</string>

try this for sleep and for the other stuff, just search the forums for drivers