Toshiba M115-S3094 - A how to guide

J B

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First the system specs :

PROCESSOR: Intel Core Duo T2050 (1.6 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)

CHIPSET: Intel 945GMMEMORY: 2.5 GB

HARD DISK: 80GB 5400rpm SATA

OPTICAL DRIVE: DVD-RAM (supports DVD+/-RW, CD+/-RW, and DVD-RAM)

SCREEN: 14" WXGA (1280x800) Glossy<li>VIDEO: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

AUDIO: Realtek Hi-Definition Audio<li>WIRELESS: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

WIRED: 56K V.92 Modem, 10/100 Ethernet

PORTS: 4x USB 2.0, 1x FireWire (4-pin), Audio Out, Microphone Jack, VGA, S-Video, Type I/II PCMCIA, Media Reader, RJ-11 Modem Jack, RJ-45 Ethernet Jack

OPERATING SYSTEM: 10.5.3

DIMENSIONS: 1.5" high, 13.5" wide, 9.5" deep; 5.2 pounds

What are the things which are still not working :

• Microphone ( I dont need it so I did not bother )
  • Built in Wireless ( I bought another one from fleabay for 12 dollars shipped )

Steps to Install :

1. Download the following :
    • Kalyway 10.5.2

• Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update

• Drivers
      • Attached ( Audio / Power Managment / DVD Drive / Mirroring )

• USB Driver / Devices not automounting : Fix : I could not find the thread, but I found the link in my hsitory

[*]Copy all drivers on a USB stick

[*]Install Kalyway 10.5.2 from the CD ( I partitioned my drive using paragon, backed up my old windows data on a 20 GB partition and made the rest as a fat partition, I used sleepkernel, it works like charm, vanillakernel did not wok for me

[*]Formatted the fat drive, made it a mac partition

[*]Installed 10.5.2 ( Make sure you check mark the Intel 945 Chipset option and sleepkernel )

[*]Insalled all the drivers

[*]Upgraded to 10.5.3 using the following steps

• install comboupdate don't restart

• install kalyway kernel pkg. ( Stick to 9.2, I did not update my kernel )

• reboot and type update -v and cross the fingers !
  • if you stuck at bsd root after reboot ! so type "update -v" without quote at f8 darwin prompt ! it should work !

[*]Install the USB patch and the Power Management Patch again

[*]Reboot

Notes :

1. If you are willing to wait, Intel 3945 drivers are being developed, and can be found here : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84072 or here : http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/
  2. Don't ask me where to find the downloads, google it

Works like a charm.

I do not have any plans to upgrade in the near future, but you guys are more than welcome to :wacko:

Let me know if something is not clear or you need help. This should work with most of the laptops with Similar Configurations.

Drivers_1.zip

Drivers_2.zip

That's awesome!

I'm still working on my own Toshiba A210, but it's an AMD with an ATIX1200. (Yeah, really troublesome.)

It'd be great to see how the hardware deals with a 10.5.6 combo update, or at least 10.5.4. Have you made any attempts via 2nd partition or external hd?

Grats! Have fun!

That's awesome!

I'm still working on my own Toshiba A210, but it's an AMD with an ATIX1200. (Yeah, really troublesome.)

It'd be great to see how the hardware deals with a 10.5.6 combo update, or at least 10.5.4. Have you made any attempts via 2nd partition or external hd?

Grats! Have fun!

I have not. I will be working on it in the next couple of months. But at the moment, I will try and stick to 10.5.3, unless I am forced to upgrade :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I have no clue how to use the modem, I will try and look into it and post back.

also I will be posting a guide for 10.5.7 in the next few weeks, ill keep you posted.

-

J

• 4 weeks later...