• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Sarune

Salvaging my past... Is it possible?

2 posts in this topic

Alright, so long, longgg ago I had a macintosh performa 6800 or something like that and I did a lot of crazy stuff with this program called hyper studios. Long story short, I stored it all on zip drives and now I'm wondering if there's any way I can retrieve that information on my pc. Emulation is not a problem; the issue is really one of hardware. The ZIP drive model I have is a 25 pin SCSI connector (which I can't find the cord for =/) and I've heard even thought a 25/25 pin cable can connect to a PC's parallel port, it might end up damaging the hardware.

So my question is; would there be any way to connect my archaic zip drive to a pc via some sort of converter SCSI cable or perhaps even a pci card with a 25 pin SCSI connector?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know it's a long shot but it would be nice to be able to have these relics of my past :blink:.

I did something similar when I moved from my Amiga to a PC way back when. My SCSI zip though had the click'o death and all my stuff was trapped for a long time. Eventually ATA Zip 100 drives were so cheap I just picked one up rather than trying to use SCSI again. (Still have some SCSI Amiga drives that have data on them I need to get off one day.) I just checked ebay and there is one for ~$10 including shipping.

If you can find a pci SCSI card with a 25pin external connector I don't see why it won't work as long as the card is supported.

Good luck!