Kalyway 10.5.2~5 | System simple questions

sirNemanjapro

1 post in this topic

First off I must say this forum is confusing.

It has all the necessary stuff, but its hard to find anything since half of the post start with I NEED HELP, and there is very little description, and search in SMF is not Google.

======================================

My computer:

----------------

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750

MoBo: DFI Infinity BloodIron T2L

RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x1GB DDR2 PC9600

Video: Gainward 8600GT GS GLH

Display: ProView AI2237W

Hard Drive: WD 320GB SATA 16MB | Maxtor 160GB 8MB

Optics: Pioneer 115D

Case: Chieftec MatrixTX | Chieftec 400W v2

Sound: ALC885 | Altec Lansing 251

Internet: UMTS/GPRS

Mouse: Logitech DeLuxe

Keyboard: MX518

======================================

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2, and God only knows how, I have upgraded it to 10.5.5. I did the upgrade with clean 10.5.2 install, I have selected vanilla kernel from start, and haven't used any patched ones. I have got to the point where I need some help.

My questions:

1. I could login to safe mod, because I couldn't pass the blue screen, after loading. When I got in to the safe mod I have installed 10.5.2_NVkexts+.pkg. Than I could boot in normaly, but the resolution was ackward. When I changed it to 1680x1050, the screen went from normal to black, than pause, than blue (like in pre loading) and stayed blue.

QUESTION: How can I change the resolution without getting this blue screen?

1a. If I got the wrong drivers, how can I uninstall them now?

2. What are correct drivers for my video card? (I have seen so many I dont know what to install)

3. Can I set the loading screen (with gray Apple logo and rotating thingy) to 1680x1050, since I've got a feeling its somewhere about 1024x768?

4. How can I remove drivers that I dont need. I have installed all drivers for network and wifi, and I realize I dont need half of them now. How do I remove them?

5. When it goes to reboot, he shows the "stars screen" and it should reboot. But instead it goes in graphics mode and stays there, showing AppleYukon2:....... set WolEnableGPIO........-failed to get ACPI device (or something like that). How do I fix this?

I would appreciate any answer, the url to solution would be great!

--

Nemanja