Resolution Only 800x600

saxonx

11 posts in this topic

Tried typing "graphics mode" 1024x768x32@60 blah blah didnt work my monitor would say video mode not supported. Also changed one of the boot files, no luck.

This is impossible because im running Windows in 1024x768, my monitor can only support 1024x768. Its a 15 inch flat panel by dell.

Anyone had this problem?

Tried typing "graphics mode" 1024x768x32@60 blah blah didnt work my monitor would say video mode not supported. Also changed one of the boot files, no luck.

This is impossible because im running Windows in 1024x768, my monitor can only support 1024x768. Its a 15 inch flat panel by dell.

Anyone had this problem?

run the ?video boot option when darwan boots up and it should tell you what resolutions it supports

Anyone had this problem?

This is because NVidia BIOS doesn't support higher resolutions. I have this problem too, no solution yet.

I managed to change the resolution of the screen with the following command as you explained:

"Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32"

as an option while booting from Darwin.

Could you please let me know how to make this the default, i.e. not have to type it in every time I boot up.

Is there a config file that I need to edit with the new settings, so that they take effect everytime?

Thank you for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same GEforce and I find that "graphics mode"="1280x1024x32" on startup does not work - it always was 1024x768. I modified com.apple.boot.plist file and pc started to restart. After that I type -F to bypass plist file and suddenly I got desired resolution. I will play around a little later to find out how to boot without -f