Compaq CQ50-120EP

Mand

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Recently I bought a laptop, a Compaq CQ50-120EP, and I've been tryin' to run OS X on it, but no success till now.

I would like to know if anyone has this laptop with OS X working, or any CQ50 series computer. I tried about 15 different releases of the OS, but no luck =/

Specs:

Chipset: nForce 8200

CPU: AMD Turion X2 RM-70

Mem: 3GB DDRII 667

Graphics: GeForce 8200m G

HDD: SATA 250GB

Specifications at HP.com

Thanks for any help ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I am in the same situation here. I have the cq50-104nr with the same specs. Only difference is that Athlon X2 instead of the Turion X2.

Like the OP, I have tried about 15 distributions of this and have tried many triggers such as -x, -f, -s, -legacy, and cpus=1. I have tried Zephyroth, xXx, Kalyway, iDeneb, iPC, and I'm sure there is others.

Some begin to load the ktext files and then freeze after the first 2, while others (usually with a combination of the above triggers) will load different ktexts for a while until freezing / rebotting. When it freezes, the last file I see loading is "TMSafetyNet" I believe. I can't remember the exact name but it is something about safety net.

If anyone has any ideas or help for this model of notebook, please let me know!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have more or less the same laptop - CQ60 - 120ET.

Turion X2 64

3 GB ram

Nvidia 8200M G

Motherboard - Wistron 303C

USB, Sound, Ethernet, SATA and IDE (DVDRW) are controlled by the Nvidia 8200M chipset.

There's also another sound card - Connexant HD smart audio 221.

I tried Leo4Allv4 and v4.1

The DVD boot stalls after loading the TMSafetyNet kext twice. That seems to be quite irrelevant to the boot process since the kext is about the Time Machine.

Also, another thing that seemed quite strange to me was, there wasn't any hardware detection during the boot process.

It just seems to load all the kexts for about 3 to 5 minutes until it stalls at the TMSafetyNet.kext.

I tried all of the kernel flags that I found relevant, including "maxmem=2048"..

I also tried an iatkos leopard DVD (version 1, I suppose) that one of my friends gave me, but it didn't even begin to boot.

For now, that's all I have with this laptop. Hope someone comes with better info.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...