Asus P5Q3-Deluxe/WiFi @n Boot-132 Guide

STTMac

14 posts in this topic

Hello this is a FULL GUIDE for those who wants to install Leopard Retail DVD on a P5Q3 motherboard. I will describe ALL the steps to make it work.

1. FIRST OF ALL you need to MOD your BIOS (whats a bios?)

"BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is like the name says a system thats make the brige between hardware an software".

====================================================================

These are the steps that you need to mod your BIOS:

1.Download the latest BIOS 1702_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_3_Deluxe_WiFi_AP_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.z

p (Thanks to Juzzi) this is his thread with all the modded BIOS http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...136586&st=0

2.Read his "How To Mod your BIOS" ---> READ_ME_FOR_NOOB.doc

====================================================================

2. If you don't have a Leopard Retail DVD download an ISO an burn it on a DVD-Dual Layer

3. Now is time to download my Boot-132 ISO. (Is includind P45/ICH10R, Marvell 88E8056/88E8001***For now just the 88EE001.Is the second port****)

I'm trying to make the sound and the wireless to work.

4. Burn the ISO on an CD/DVD ***I'm working also to an other method a more easy one***

5. Turn ON/Reboot your system and Press F8 then select to boot from CD/DVD.

6. After the CD/DVD is loaded and you see the Darwin boot menu press ESC and change the CD/DVD with your Leoprd Retail DVD.

7. Press F8 an boot with "-v -f" flags and if you will see a ugly screen follow again the steps 5,6,7 but boot with "-v -f -x" flags and press ENTER.

8. After that the Installation will start and from here you now what you have to do. But if you don't reply me and I will make an update to the guide with the steps that you need to take.

9. When the installation is COMPLETED Reboot your system and put again the CD/DVD and again press F8 to boot from the CD/DVD after that press ESCAPE an type 80 and press ENTER.

10. Mark your partion with Leopard and boot with "-v -f" or "-v -f -x" flags. A trick if your welcome screen restart everytime boot with ( "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" -v -f -x ).

11. Voilla you just start your Clean Leopard Retail DVD.

(I now the Guide is ugly but is 3AM in Romania right now but I promise that I will make it better.) Good Night to all or Good Morning. ;)

• 1 month later...
3. Now is time to download my Boot-132 ISO. (Is includind P45/ICH10R, Marvell 88E8056/88E8001***For now just the 88EE001.Is the second port****)

I'm trying to make the sound and the wireless to work.

Hi, STTMac, Thank you very much for your nice guide, which did help me a lot.

But, where is your Boot-132 iso? Or, could you upload all your kext or plist? How did you make your boot-132 iso.

I'm using the same motherboard, and following your guide. But, I get message said can't find XXXXXX.boot.plist. So far, I have not find the way to solve it. My Leopard is 10.5 version rather than 10.5.4.

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, STTMac, Thank you very much for your nice guide, which did help me a lot.

But, where is your Boot-132 iso? Or, could you upload all your kext or plist? How did you make your boot-132 iso.

I'm using the same motherboard, and following your guide. But, I get message said can't find XXXXXX.boot.plist. So far, I have not find the way to solve it. My Leopard is 10.5 version rather than 10.5.4.

Many thanks.

Yes ... please provide a link ...

I found one 123-boot , but doesn't work ...

it say "Still waiting for the root device"

• 1 month later...

I have retail 10.5.6 working on my P5Q3 by following your instructions. But I can only boot via the CD each time.

I understand that I should be able to install EFI and then boot directly but I cannot get this to work. Am I missing something that is specific to P5Q3?

Also, there is a lot of conflicting instructions. OSX86Tools claims to install EFI and chamelion but the EFI install fails saying the disk is locked.

WHat is the best direction to go?

THanks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I need some help Please.

I'm ussing Boot 132 Mac OS X Updated to 10.5.8

*. Motherboard: ASUS P5Q3-Deluxe/WiFi @n

*. Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q9300 2.5GHz (it says 2.33 GHz Unknown)

*. Video Card EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB and the only resolution I get is 1024 x 768. Any idea how to get a better resolution?

*. Onboard audio and WiFi is not working.

Otherwise everything else is working.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I have this problem, whe i boot with your 123, or with empire efi, or with 123 mars and 123 juppiter, the same thing happens . Please look at the attached picture:

sorry

this is the link to the workingboot132

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gjyzav5k5z

***EDIT***

I am not the onlyone with this problem ...

please take a look at here :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1431310

Thank you !

post-176098-1268977867_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Valeeu Galera, sem voçes eu nao teria conseguido!

Hackintosh com DVD Retail do Snow Leopard: Retail 10.6

Hardware:

Motherboad:

Asus/P5Q3-Deluxe Wifi-AP/ P45/ICH10R with Intel® Fast Memory Access(FMA) support.

Processador:

Intel Core 2 Quad / Q9400 / LGA775 / 45nm / FSB:1333Mhz / L2: 6Mb / 2.66Ghz

Memoria RAM:

2x 1 GB DDR3 2000Mhz + 2x 2 GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Hard Disk 1:

SATA2 250GB (Snow Leopard)

Hard Disk 2:

IDE 40GB (Leopard)

Hard Disk 3:

IDE 160GB (Windows 7 x64)

Drive DVD 1:

LG H55N DVD-RW

Drive DVD 2:

LG H55N DVD-RW

LAN:

Dual Gigabit LAN controllers Marvell 88E8056/88E8001® Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2, Teaming, Redundant

Wireless LAN:

ASUS WiFi-AP @n - IEEE 802.11n - IEEE 802.11g / b

Video:

ATI Radeon HD 4870 GPU / 55nm / 256bits / 512Mb

Monitor:

LG 22` Flatron W2243S

Keyboard: Generico ABNT2 USB

Mouse: Generico USB

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Is the patched BIOS still available? The link returns good ol' 404:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Here's my own patched BIOS for Asus P5Q3-Deluxe/WiFi @n (the latest) : P5Q3_2105_DSDT_SLIC21.zip

As the label suggests, it's patched for Mac (DSDT) and Windows 7 (SLIC 2.1 for HP/COMPAQ). Enjoy dual-booting!

• Like 1