Which netbook?

4 posts in this topic

I've decided to get a netbook and I'm trying to decide which is best to run Leopard on. It's really a toss-up between the Acer Aspire One and the MSI Wind. The Acer seems to work almost completely, with the exception of sleep. The Wind runs well with just a few things missing (touchpad scrolling for one) but sleep does work. Since this is going to be used for quick couch-surfing etc sleep is pretty important, but I like the looks and color choices of the Acer more (and it's $50 cheaper). The bigger screen on the wind doesn't really interest me since the res is still 1024 x 600. So, what should I go for....what are the odds that someone will get sleep working on the Aspire One?

Thanks

Chimera

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same question too, but for me candidates are the Acer, MSI Wind, or the Lenovo S10.

A netbook for me would just be a secondary machine for trips or the couch so I'm not looking for storage or power. The 10" netbooks interest me more just for a slightly larger keyboard.

I almost think I'm leaning towards the S10, but I keep going back and forth on this and can't make up my mind.

I have the same question too, but for me candidates are the Acer, MSI Wind, or the Lenovo S10.

A netbook for me would just be a secondary machine for trips or the couch so I'm not looking for storage or power. The 10" netbooks interest me more just for a slightly larger keyboard.

I almost think I'm leaning towards the S10, but I keep going back and forth on this and can't make up my mind.

I went with the Aspire One with 1gb ram and 160gb HD. I've had it for about a week now, got Leopard on it with no problems (except sleep doesn't work yet). The big plus is the 6 cell battery, which is lasting for a VERY long time, far longer than I had really expected.