iDeneb 10.5.5 on Asus p5k (plain vanilla)

coolken84

14 posts in this topic

I am currently on my 6th install of this due to black screens and kernel panics.

My Specs:

Asus p5k Mainboard

Core2 Duo E8400

4 Gigs DDr2 800

ATI HD3870 x2

HP IDE DL DVD Writer

3 Drives 4 Partitions- all sata 3.0

200Gb Drive (Vista Premium 32 SP1)

250Gb Drive (Win XP SP3)

750Gb Drive 250Gb Partition (OSx) 400Gb (Data)

Running Acronis OS selector in a tri boot setup - mac os totally seperate from windows bootloader.

I install iDeneb 10.5.5 and use all of the settings I have seen in other posts for a p35 board, and I have not successfully booted into the os.

Black Screened on latest install - rebooted & went -v on restart - got this screen:

IMAGE_019.jpg

I think I'm close, but something is wrecking things - I have a hunch it has to do with the apple power management, but I'm a noob -w- this and need some guidance.

Anyone have any Ideas??

Thanks in Advance!

With your motherboard and iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 must select:

In power managmentt S3 pos activated

In BIOS ACPI Activated

In Ideneb installation:

Language: only your language

Chipset: ICHX fixed + Jmicron

AppleSMBIOS: 800

Audio: Alc883

Kernel: Nothing (default vanilla 9.5 OK with your hardware);

Video: nothing (you'll install video kexts later)

LAN: AttansicL1

Application: All

If don't works the problem is an incorrect bios configuration (Cpuid, etc)

Giorgio

Well I tried your settings exactly as you laid them out. Getting the black screen & when I go -v at boot I see a cpu panic error. The bios on my board is the most current one for it amibios v02.61 everything in bios at defaults except what you recommended changing. I apologize for being dense on this, but I'm not too swift with linux and all the associated lingo. I'm just playing with this - kind of a if it can be done I want to try it... :wacko:

Well I tried your settings exactly as you laid them out. Getting the black screen & when I go -v at boot I see a cpu panic error. The bios on my board is the most current one for it amibios v02.61 everything in bios at defaults except what you recommended changing. I apologize for being dense on this, but I'm not too swift with linux and all the associated lingo. I'm just playing with this - kind of a if it can be done I want to try it... :thumbsdown_anim:

Tomorrow, when i come back home i'll post the bios configuration to try.

Giorgio

Well I'm about ready to give up installing iDeneb 1.3 on this p5k - I can't seem to find a configuration that works. I have tried many different install configs and bios setups and all end in the black screen after post install reboot. Anybody have the correct bios setings/customization options for the Asus p5k (no e, se, deluxe, pro, wi-fi, etc.)

why not try retail install? Ive done retail leopard with bot 132 on my p5k delux, and everything is working fine ( ethernet, sound, usb, graphics with QE ) .. even update to 10.5.5 without any problems.

Only thing thats not really working is the on board wifi, not really sure how to setup onboard wifi.

give the retail install a try, it should work just fine

So my best course of action would be to buy a retail copy and use that to install? Is that what you're saying? And what is bot132? forgive me, I'm new to this, and not totally without a clue - just not up to speed on the terminology of the osx86 crowd.

Thanks!

I had a perfect working install using Kalyway 10.5.1 (upgraded to 10.5.5) until I completely destroyed it with a botched upgrade to 10.5.6, so it definitely is possible. I've not figured out the right settings for iDeneb 1.3 yet.

If you want a nice guide, check out this thread:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...p;sk=t&sd=a

It was invaluable for me when I first started.