Building my hackintosh to use with Logic!

Rambutan

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Im thinking abut building a hackintosh to use for my musicproductions. I wonder what parts I should buy to be really sure that I will have no problems. I have like 550 usd to buy harddrive, gpu, processor, memory, dvd and motherboard.. So all parts but the chassi and psu

I want to build an intel.

So, whats the "dream-parts" to have? What would you recommend if i want to have everything working just perfect?

And lets say I buy an m-audio solo firewire interface.. The hardware itself is compatible with osx, could it still be possible that it would't work on a hackintosh? (if you suppose the firewire on the motherboard is working properly)

Jonathan (newbie on this things) :)

Read this forum and see what others before you have done. Newbies come here all the time and expect to be hand feed answers. Don't waste our time but help yourself . Ask questions when you need help but not before spending a lot of time reading. Most of the people who may know the answers aren't going to bother answering a post like this. Not meant to sound unfriendly just trying to point you in the right direction.

Here is what I have and it works good.

Software - Retail OSX

Installmethod - boot 123

Hardware:

GA mobos works best (I have the EP45-DS3), there´s a couple of guides here in tutorials regarding Gigabyte EP45 mobos

Q6600 cpu

7300 gs 256 or 512 mb videocard

Sata2 harddrives

Sata dvd

(at least) 4 gig memory I have 8 gig

500 W psu

Good luck