GTA IV on iMac (Bootcamp)

cain.

4 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

I hope I am in the right place to ask: Has anybody installed GTA IV successfully on an iMac running XPSP3 with Bootcamp?

I have the 2.8 C2D; Radeon HD2600 Pro and 4 Gig of RAM on my system (Mid 2007 iMac). My problem is that I cannot test it in any way because I am in the US at the moment and the system is in Europe, and I wonder whether I should buy it before going back - I want the US version anyways and it is way cheaper... I do know about the DRM etc. pp. issues and so forth - but will the game run/did anyone test it with this or a similar system? I know I cannot expect top gfx quality with my graphics, but is it playable in terms of fps? ;)

I have a late 2006 20 inch and bought it the day it came out.  It runs terrible.  Lots of others are having problems, so I hope the patch fixes it.  It is playable, but the biggest problem is buildings and streets not rendering.  This is a huge problem during missions that gets you killed a lot.  Im about 15% through the game right now.  Like I said, Im looking forward to the patch.  And the new ati drivers, dont bother they wont install.  I got the boot camp drivers, they were done in 1/2008.  Didnt really help.  One thing that helped big time was making windows desktop resolution the smallest it could go.  

• 3 weeks later...