Lan and Wireless card drivers

MichaelPa

2 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Studio 1535 with a Broadcom BCM5784m ethernet card, and a Dell 1397 Wireless card. I have tried almost everything in the forums to try to get the ethernet card to work. The Mac OS version is 10.5.2, I have gone to a couple of the post that other people have posted. It would go through the setups looking as if it was going to install. Then restart then try to do an "ifconfig" to see if the card even shows but it does not. I have tried command line interfacing and installing it with the Kext Helper b7 with little to no results. I was able to get the sound to work using the Kext Helper b7 but the lan card does not install.

Next I am trying to find a driver for my wireless card it is a Dell 1397 Wireless card, as well as the Bluetooth driver which is a Dell 370.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

• 1 year later...
I have a Dell Studio 1535 with a Broadcom BCM5784m ethernet card, and a Dell 1397 Wireless card. I have tried almost everything in the forums to try to get the ethernet card to work. The Mac OS version is 10.5.2, I have gone to a couple of the post that other people have posted. It would go through the setups looking as if it was going to install. Then restart then try to do an "ifconfig" to see if the card even shows but it does not. I have tried command line interfacing and installing it with the Kext Helper b7 with little to no results. I was able to get the sound to work using the Kext Helper b7 but the lan card does not install.

Next I am trying to find a driver for my wireless card it is a Dell 1397 Wireless card, as well as the Bluetooth driver which is a Dell 370.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

I have the Dell Studio 1555 with the 1397 WLAN wireless card. Did you ever get yours to work?

If so how?

Respectfully

Mark