Can you install Dual-Boot from a clone of OS X and a clone of XP?

MonkeyTreacle

1 post in this topic

Hi guys

I have successfully used the Boot-132 method of installing OS X and everything is working very well - in fact, it's a clone of my Macbook Pro O/S running on my Asus P5K, - using the "put the CD in the drive" method of booting.

Recently, both my XP partitions on a separate hard drive have become unbootable - one of them I have a clone of.

My question:-

Can I install a clone of the OS X partition and a clone of the XP partition on one hard drive, rather than re-installing everything from scratch?

Can I take my current OS X disk, repartition it into 2 and format one half of it as FAT32 or whatever, then restore the XP clone to it? Or can you not partition OS X disks without wiping them - Disk utility doesn't appear to have the option?

If that's the right procedure, would booting from the Boot 132 CD allow me to choose which one I want to boot from?

I must apologise for not being completely clear on the differences between MBR and GUID, and whether you can change from one to the other without re-formatting.

thanks

p.s.

I posted a guide on the ASUS P5K with Kalyway 10.5.2 a while back which I guess is getting a bit old now but perhaps it will be useful to some people.

My Setup:

ASUS P5K, 2Gb Corsair 800MHz, 7300GT, Mbox2, Pro Tools, 1TB Seagate External HD, plenty of SATA internal HD's