Help - Soundmax Audio

8 posts in this topic

Help anyone.

I have read all over about people only getting the left channel to work for SoundMax chips, even if through the mic jack.

I was just after a HOWTO like on the wiki on which kext to load.

I have an Intel 865GLC mobo with SoundMax Chipset (Vendor ID: 8086, Device ID: 24D5)

Even if I can only get mono sound, that's better then no sound at all!

Help anyone.

I have read all over about people only getting the left channel to work for SoundMax chips, even if through the mic jack.

I have an Intel 865GLC mobo with SoundMax Chipset (Vendor ID: 8086, Device ID: 24D5)

i have the exact same device with the same ven and dev number:

SoundMax Chipset (Vendor ID: 8086, Device ID: 24D5)

cant get my sound to work either, im using the deadmoo version

Someone elses guide, modified for you guys:

Okay Steps...

Load up terminal

sudo -s
(password is bovinity unless you changed it)
cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext/Contents
chmod 644 Info.plist
nano Info.plist

Scroll down to applicable section for your board(865GVL should be ICH5)

Where you see strings with 0xXXXXX replace the last set of 3 with your device ID stuff (SoundMax Chipset (Vendor ID: 8086, Device ID: 24D5) is 0x24d58086)

CTRL+X
Y (to save)

cd /etc
nano rc

Scroll down to the last line before exit

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext
CTRL+X
Y (to save)

This guide works for Nforce3/nforce4 as well. This is the guide I used for my A8N Sli.

Also, go into AUDIOMIDI in the utilities folder and set your output to 4 channel 16 and set the active speaker configuration to 3 and 4.

That has worked for a lot of people, myself included.

Help anyone.

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! you cant boot up in safe mode! when i boot up in safe mode -x to bypass the ati driver conflict, my sound driver doesnt appear at all. i finally deleted all my ati.kext in the extensions folder with MACDRIVE via windows. i tried deleting them in osx but it still wouldnt let me boot up without safe mode. MAC DRIVE has a full functional 6 day trial. go to my computer in windows after installing macdrive. open your mac drive with osx install on it. browse to "/System/Library" then right click on the Library folder and click search. type "ati" in search field. delete everything that comes up.if you have nvidia card do the same but delete all nvidia files. now you wont have to boot with the -x flag and your sound card will be available in system prefs now. just to prove safe mode was the problem. if i -x at the startup and log in safe mode my sound card disappears again.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have d865glc and tryinh to install ideneb 10.5.5

Installation is done without any problem but system reboots after loading kexts after "starting darwin/x86"

no clue why it happens, tried all option no luck

my cpu is P4 2.6 Ghz norhwood, supports=MMX, SSE, SSE2, HT

Any idea?

Thanks for looking

• 1 year later...
i have d865glc and tryinh to install ideneb 10.5.5

Installation is done without any problem but system reboots after loading kexts after "starting darwin/x86"

no clue why it happens, tried all option no luck

my cpu is P4 2.6 Ghz norhwood, supports=MMX, SSE, SSE2, HT

Any idea?

Thanks for looking

Sounds like you need a legacy kernel. Not really the right place to ask for that though.