Need some help - Bios update - now instant reboot

crencom

4 posts in this topic

Installed new system and all was working except sound. I updated the bios to newest version, went to reboot. It boots fine to the darwin boot selector. I choose my drive with os x 10.5.5 (verbose) The next screen is a quick flash of the text at the point when the system is starting and then an instant reboot. No warning messages. However, vista boots normally on its separate hard drive - no problems there.

here are the specs - GA EP43 DS3L mobo, sata had drives (2) - IDE dvd burner - geforce 8800 gts 320mb - usb mouse / keyboard - C2Q 6600 2.4ghz cpu

installed retail 10.5.4 w/ the grub DFE boot disk - installed all kexts, DSDT patch and chameleon for DSDT - Again, all worked great

F7 BIOS - AHCI enabled - after this happened w/ the F8 bios update, I reinstalled the F7 version, now same result

After this issue, I tried to boot the retail DVD and when it goes to load its kexts / it also instant reboots at the same point

I have searched this board and google, but have not found a similar incident. Any hep is appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I have the same problem.. I recently updated the BIOS of my P965 Neo-F V2. When I put in the iPC 10.5.6 (also tried Leo4All 10.5.2) disk at startup, the bootloader shows up and I try to start the installation with -v (also tried -x and -f). Then it does the same as listed above, it restarts instantly. I did reset the CMOS and it still doesn't work.. Vista and 7 are still running fine. Could my still installed (and damaged) Mac OS X installation have something to do with that? Sorry, my english is not the best :rolleyes:

Forget it.. Got it working with cpus=1 ..