Optical Drive Not Recognized (native) Or Audio

preloaded

6 posts in this topic

Native (Dual Boot) OSx86 installed (MAXX 4 for SSE3) installed onto HP Pavilion zx5180us Laptop. Got Wirless Working. Now Just left with Audio and Optical Drive.

Optical Drive is not recognized by system

Toshiba SD-R6252 DVD+RW Drive

Tired adding these (along with ALOT of other entries to Info.plist in AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext with no positive results)

Audio (ADI SoundMAX 1981B) not recognized.

DXDiag Shows

(Vendor:1002 Device:4341)

Vendor lookup shows 1002 as ATI so that can't be right

DamnSmallLinux Shows

(Vendor:1274 Device: 1371)

Vendor lookup shows 1274 as ADI (Possible)

Web Searhes Show

(Vendor:1043 Device: 80b0)

Any insight would appreciated!

Anyone else haveing problems where optical drives aren't recognized at all? Patch burn does not recognize andy installed devices. (Note: THis is all in normal mode, booting up with X86PC will cause system to hang and ACPI doesn't change a thing)

same audio problem (same vendor and device no.) as u here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=1380

still unsolved though.

my dvdrw drive was not recognised after install i think. i copied over 2 kext files as stated in the speed up harddisk thread in this forum. then i booted up in x86pc mode and it's listed in sys profiles. in acpi, it's not listed though.

I've tried that hard drive speed up thing since I'm wokring with Intel base controllers. For some reason I can't get AppleIntelXATA.kext (I think thats what it's calle) to auto load @ boot time. If it resolved the DVD drive thing for you I'll try and mess with it alittle more. Anyone have any idea how to add a single kext to load with kextcache?

ok i can confirm my dvdrw drive works. just popped in a few discs in and they were listed on desktop. no idea about burning though. only problem is i have to use eject to get a disc out, pressing the eject button on my drive doesn't work. however works only in x86pc mode though.

• 2 years later...