Dell M1730 iAtkos 4i Install

tmaxxtim

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I just did an install on my M1730 with the iAtkos 4i DVD. After a few trial runs on which drivers to install I got it to boot finally. Only have a few things working now, but I was hoping others may have some input so I can turn this into a detailed installation thread with links to get everything working. It appears that not much from the [Compilation] M1330,M1530, etc. thread applies to the M1730, although a few things do. Not enough to make that thread very useful though.

Here are the specs of the M1730 I installed it on:

2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo

NVIDIA 8700GT SLI 512MB

250GB HDD (OSX Drive)

320GB HDD (Vista Drive)

4GB RAM

DVDRW Combo Drive

Sigmatel High Definition Audio

Installation Options Chosen: Nvidia Laptop Video, Intel Speedstep. I had install failed when I tried the NVInject for 256MB and 512MB, it came up in full resolution but said "error and must restart" (I'm sure you've seen the message I'm talking about somewhere).

Video:

Nvidia Laptop Video (For installation)

Install NVKush from this site to get full 1920x1200 Resolution: http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

Audio:

Tried the AppleHDAPatcherv1.20 with a BUNCH of kexts that were linked from the compilation thread, no luck there getting it to work yet.

Ethernet:

No drivers available yet, disable in BIOS

Wireless:

Intel BGN 4965 card does not work, there are no drivers. You need to install any Dell Truemobile Wireless cards in order to use wireless currently (~$15-$25 on eBay). I just swapped one with another laptop I had for now.

Currently Not Working:

Audio, Ethernet, Wireless (Intel 4965, known problem and probably won't be a fix anytime soon).

Currently Working:

Full Resolution Video, DVD Burner, Wireless using Dell Truemobile card

I'd love any input from anybody, so if you know something post it here. I'll clean up this post later and add to it to reflect anything we find out.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I am considering trying this out on my m1730 machine. I'm a complete noob to the OSx86 project, but very eager to try this out. I've purchased the Dell TrueMobile wireless card (10 off ebay). And now I went searching for the iAtkos 4i install, and came across an updated iATOKS 5i disc image. Any news if this one is any better/works?

• 2 months later...

Ok, I've been trying to get an install on my M1730 since mid last year. I just came across this thread. After trying many different installs from earlier Iatkos to 5i and also IPC, etc, I decided it give it go with 4i. Being as I haven't to date even been able to get to install I was pretty excited to see I 4i worked. So I followed what you've done. However on reboot I get the good 'ol no boot symbol after while. So now yet again I'm wondering what gives...

edit: I decided to try switching off the ahci as per the m1330 guide and it worked. Will see how things go from here :)