Kalyway Working on Asus P5N-D Motherboard Nvidia 750i SLI even nvidia onboard lan working dualbooting with windows vista and xp professional

clayton9898

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am just confirming that kalyway works great on Asus P5N-D Mobo. I am also just letting you know you can dual boot kalyway with vista or xp or even both vista and xp. This post may seem weird but it was a reply to a person and I have seen many other topics about people saying they are not able to install kalyway or any other leopard distro on there P5N-D Mobo. SO here is is my relply to the person having problems installing kalyway on there P5N-D Mobo.

Hi,

I also have a Asus P5N-D Motherboard and have kalyway 10.5.2 fully working on the motherboard. My specs are

-Motherboard: Asus P5N-D

-CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz

-Chipset: Nvidia nforce 750i SLI

-Ram: 4GB DDR2 dual channel ram

-Video card: Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

-DVD Drive connection: IDE not sata I heard there are problems with sata dvd drives.

-HardDrive connection: Sata

I installed it with the nforce kernel and I also did not apply and patches for the 4gb ram and I do not need to use the cpus=1 to boot. I also got the onboard Lan working with the nforceLAN.kext and I install it with kexthelperb7 it is in the application section when you click customize before you install kalyway 10.5.2.. Oh ya and all the stuff you need is on this page. I was having the same problem but it all stopped when I set my bios to the the setting in this link there are also the nforceLan.kext and other helpful info if u go to this link http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127212 . Hope this helps it shure did for me. O ya and I am going to try out boot 132 tonight to try and install a real copy of Mac OS X Leopard on my Asus P5N-D mobo will be back later to post the results. and If you would like to Dual boot mac and vista or xp then make the first os to boot is windows then install easybcd in windows and go to add and remove then make a entry for mac then ur all done next boot select mac osx then select the partation mac is installed on then hit enter and not ur duasl booting windows and kalyway/leopard.

Did you get the audio to work? I have this same board and wanted to try getting this going on it. I have successfully managed on 2 other pc's but wanted to attempt this one again. I have the 9800GT's and am assuming I shouldn't have a problem with the Kalyway, however, when I have used the nVinject 256 with my one PC I never get the finder, only a blue screen with a working mouse. I have not gotten audio to work on any install I have done and was curious if you did with the p5n-d.. Thanks

You stay classy!

• 2 months later...

hey guys, iwas wandering of it would work with this pc:

Asus P5N-D (nForce 750i chipset, SLI)

Memory: 4.0GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz XMS2 (2x 2GB)Hard Drives: 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/sOptical Drive: 20x DVD±RW DL S-ATA LightscribeGraphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MBSound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio

CPU: Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600

• 2 months later...
Did you get the audio to work? I have this same board and wanted to try getting this going on it. I have successfully managed on 2 other pc's but wanted to attempt this one again. I have the 9800GT's and am assuming I shouldn't have a problem with the Kalyway, however, when I have used the nVinject 256 with my one PC I never get the finder, only a blue screen with a working mouse. I have not gotten audio to work on any install I have done and was curious if you did with the p5n-d.. Thanks

You stay classy!

I had same problem with blue screen with only cursor working. 6 out 0f 10 times everything would work, but at the end it did not work at all, only blue screen with cursor.

My problem got solved after I have erased all the cache.

~/Library/Caches (your local Library directory)

/Library/Caches

/System/Library/Caches

/System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

After erasing these my system boot well every time. no more blue or even black screens.

This is on 10.4.10 with asus nvidia 7600gt

• 2 months later...

hello everyone,

even if it's been a while since someone posted here i'd like to tell you my experiences with the Kalyway 10.5.2 (+EFIV8) DVD on my pc

Asus P5N-D

C2Q Q6600

4GB Ram

onboard audio + LAN

Gainward 9800GT 512MB (G92)

I installed from the DVD using the nForce Kernel and unchecked the network, audio and graphics section in the installation menu. For the MOBO chipset I just used the NForceATA and unchecked the others. From the Third Party Application I choosed to install KextHelperb7. I installed onto an external USB HDD partitioned in two partitions with a GUID partition table.

After the installation I get a clean boot into MacOS and I didn't even need to change settings in the BIOS. So no kernel panic and the CPU and the RAM are correctly recognized in the About this MAC dialog.

To get the LAN working I just used the NForceLAN.kext (the previous stable version) from here NForceLAN drivers. For the onboard audio I just used the ALC833Audio.mpkg from here ALCAudio installer. So with audio and internet working the thing left was my gfx card. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be an easy task - at least for me...

I startet using the NVinject-512 graphics driver from the install DVD which lead to a kernel panic.

The Natit driver as well from the DVD didn't work either -> kernel panic.

Then I used the NVinstaller52 and 51 -> kernel panic

I also tried to first insert an GFX EFI string (for the 9800GT) compiled with EFI StudioV1.1 downloaded from EFIStudioV1.1 into the com.apple.Boot.plist and the drivers mentioned above. The gfx card was correctly listed in the About this MAC dialog what doesn't really surprise. The problem is that Quartz Extreme is not supported and that the Core Image is Software.

I even tried cloaking my gfx card as a 8800GT as the layout of those cards is quite similar. Unfortunately this didn't help either and the hardware acceleration is still something i'd like to achieve.

Does anyone here know how I can get this card to work properly?

• 2 weeks later...

hey, Kaylway working with my p5n-d

specs - 8800 gt alpha dog edition (512mb), e8400 c2d, p5n-d motherboard, 7200.7 200gb sata drive.

installed nforce kernel, worked great, recognized 8800gt and dual screen worked flawlessly. internet wasn't working initially so i installed nforcelan 63.13, this did not work, so i downgraded to 63.12 and it worked perfectly. I was having issues with usb and firewire, i could not mount any external usb device, and my mouse and keyboard would randomly cut out. firewire was just not being dectected and thus my audio interface (A.R.T. Tubefire), which will be a unique issue on its own.

usb plug and play enable or disable in bios did not change the usb issues, firewire issue still remains a mystery.

if you guys have any solutions for these issues, i would love some assistance, :D

at this point i am about to try IPC 10.5.6, we'll see how it goes, i'll keep updated.

- ghostcake

• 1 year later...

Hello, I wanted to install an aid directly to the Snow Leopard, without going through 10.5.x!

I changed the bios v1401, correcting the DSDT and add the SLIC Alienware v2.1 (Windows Pre-activation)

But I can not recognize the hard drive to the snow leopard (that are riuscto to install it only on a USB stick) the Nforce kext not work .. or at least I do not work!

Can you help me (maybe I do a backup of all the kext you have installed on your PC)

ASUS_P5N-D_v1401_Slic_v2.1_DSDT_FiX_modded_by_m4t7e0.7z