10.5.5 installed using iDeneb, wont boot up.

KTK1990

22 posts in this topic

I just was able to get 10.5.5 to install on my Dell pc and I followed the instructions, It went through the installer and installed and I got the Green checkmark saying it installed properly.

It re-booted itself, I saw the Dell logo, then the "press any key to enter advanced boot properties" or something like that where you enter "-v" for diagnostic mode.

Then no matter what I do it goes black, the lights on my keyboard, mouse, and monitor flash and it restarts itself. I cant get it to boot into OS X.

Hi,

Ive got samiler problem (iDeneb V3 10.5.5)

It boots up and installs perfectly, when the installation is complete it say it needs to reboot...

on reboot it starts the process all over again ..it starts to install iDeneb V3 again ..and again.

(i must be on the 4th installation already ..lol)

My Pc Spec;

Shuttle SX38P2 Pro (Intel x38 - ICH9)

Intel Q9450 Quad Core 2.66Ghz

8GB (4x 2GB) OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz

640GB WD Caviar Black

- 100Gb (OSx86) Mac OS Extended Journaled (..this is were i installed the iDeneb)

- 500Gb (Media) Fat32

Nvida 9800 GX2

Onborad

- Sound, Ethernet etc

Raiden fromwww.sudhian.com/forum - link mentioned he manged to install iDeneb V3 10.5.5 on SX38P2 Pro motherboard, so the broad shouldn't be a problem. he did say he had to get the drivers for the sound afterward.

would appreciate the help

thx

-a.

Hi,

Ive got samiler problem (iDeneb V3 10.5.5)

It boots up and installs perfectly, when the installation is complete it say it needs to reboot...

on reboot it starts the process all over again ..it starts to install iDeneb V3 again ..and again.

(i must be on the 4th installation already ..lol)

I took out my install DVD... (put it on a Memorex DVD-R) after the 5th try with reboot. Then tried withought DVD and still same problem.

I just tweaked around with the BIOS, (changed it all back to normal) and no matter what, OS X wont boot. I didnt try a 2nd install, mainly because it took about 2 hours to install.

Thanks for the link. Getting a Kernel error would be getting farther then I got :-P

I am going to change a few BIOS settings (Like in power management, its set to S3, that says to go to S1)

I did notice that instruction was for 10.5.4. while I installed 10.5.5

and I didnt see some of those options. I am using "iDeneb v1.3 (Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5)"

I did notice that instruction was for 10.5.4. while I installed 10.5.5

Hey

...same here i jus did that and it didnt work ;/ ..busted ..lol

am still playing around trying boot it up, the funny thing is it install perfectly jus cant boot into it after install ;/

Edit

..quick question ..what if i tick everything from the Customize Option?

would that help?

-a.

am still playing around trying boot it up, the funny thing is it install perfectly jus cant boot into it after install ;/

..quick question ..what if i tick everything from the Customize Option?

would that help?

-a.

Yea, same exact problem. Installs but no boot.

All I checked was the "10.5.5 updates" (all of them) and the "x11" thingey. Withought X11 my previous install failed after a few minutes. And I also checked a few applications.

okay got more info.... this is wot i did.. Using a SX38P2 Pro (x38- ICH9)

BIOS setting..

Integrated Peripherals

> OnChip SATA Device

.. > SATA Mode = AHCI

.. > LEGACY Mode Support = Enabled

Power Mangement Setup

.. > ACPI = S1 (POS)

(Boot From CD/DVD Set to 1st), Save, Reboot.

(with iDeneb V1.3 10.5.5 in DVD drive.)

PC Starts..

- the White/Grey Apple Screen Comes Up with logo..

- the iDeneb Splash screen appers with select your language (say; preparing installation)

- Welcome Screen; clicked continue.

- Select a Destination Screen;

----- > Clicked Utilites (from top bar)

--------- > Disk Utility

- Disk Utility Menu

------> Selected HD from left, then clicked Erase Tab

-----------> Volume Format; Mac OS Extended ( Journaled)

-----------> Name; OSx86

-----------> then Clicked Erase. Accept.

------> then clicked Partition Tab

-----------> Volume Scheme: 2 Partition

-----------> 1: OSx86 100GB = Mac OS Extended ( Journaled)

-----------> 2: Hxk Media = MS-DOS (FAT)

------> then clicked option, select Master Boot Record, OK, APPLY. Close Disk Utility.

- Back to - Select a Destination Screen; Selected OSx86

- Install Summary scren; clicked Customize tab (bottom left corner)

------> ticked;

-----------> X11

-----------> Patches 10.5.5 Ready

--------------> Audio = AC97Audio

--------------> Chipset = Nothing (i think i should tick ICHx Fixed, JMicronATA)

--------------> Kernel = Kenel 9.2.0 Sleep (Guide Say Vanilla, don't seem to have that in this option)

--------------> Network

-------------------> Ethernet = tickedSkge Marvel (read some marevll in sx38p2 hardware info, Guide says Intel 100ProVE)

-------------------> Wireless = Nothing

--------------> Fix

-------------------> ApplesSMBIOS

-----------------------> ApplesSMBios 800 (Using DDR2 PC-6400 800Mhz)

--------------> Video

-------------------> NVidia

-----------------------> NVInject 0.2.1 512MB (Got 9800GX2 1GB, 512MBx2)

-----------> Application

..Done ..Install.

Installation Complete green tick, Needs to Reboot,

Reboots... Darwin/x86 boot comes up

i get this..

02112008372co1.th.jpgthpix.gif

selected hd (0,1) OSx86, entered; ' -v ' in boot: .

alot of info started to loaded got this quick pic...

02112008373dr4.th.jpgthpix.gif

after it had done loading i gota blank (black) screen, it doesn't load OSX.

On second boot the White/Grey with apple logo screen loaded after that i got this...

02112008360lb3.th.jpgthpix.gif

My Spec

SX38P2 Pro (x38 - ICH9)

Intel Quad Core Q9450 2.66GHz Yorkfield

8GB (4x 2GB) OCZ DDR2 PC-6400 800Mhz

Nvidia 9800GX2 1GB (512MB x2)

WD Raptor 150GB - (NTFS) WinXp Pro x64

WD Black Caviar 640GB ..Partitioned

-100GB - (Mac OS X Journaled) OSx86 (TRY'IN TO INSTALL)

-540GB - (FAT32) Media

Any1? help plz... OSX wont boot up!

thx!

-a.

ok, I tweaked my BIOS a little and am trying to re-install again.

Edit: I changed the Power Management to S1 in BIOS. Then I installed and only selected certin patches, and it failed.

If I selected all the patches and X11 it works.

It takes about 30 mins for me to go from Boot up to configigure your install page.

Hey

Update manged to boot in iDeneb OSX, using BOOT-132 loader buts its unstable,

its Recognized

CPU

Ram

GFX

Ethernet (internet works)

CD Works

No Audio

HD come up as orange with-out usb sign, not grey :?

but as i tried to set screen rez in System preference it crashed.

playing around with itune it crashed.

am half there lol. bt what is ACHI?

-a.

I too have a problem with iDeneb 1.3. Install goes ok but when reboots I get 'no bootable device' msg. Vista says the srive is healthy, has EFI system partition and healthy main partition but the computer simply won't boot up from this drive. I don't intend to do dual boot, I select in bios which disk I won;t to boot. No success. Any thoughts?

I too have a problem with iDeneb 1.3. Install goes ok but when reboots I get 'no bootable device' msg. Vista says the srive is healthy, has EFI system partition and healthy main partition but the computer simply won't boot up from this drive. I don't intend to do dual boot, I select in bios which disk I won;t to boot. No success. Any thoughts?

I just tried for my final time. After a little over a hour of trying, it still failed while booting.

I created 2 partitions on my 50 gig HD and then erased those and put back 1 partition.

Drives are Healthy and everything. I guess its just back to XP and finding a free VNC program that will work with my vnc program for ipod touch

I guess am from those still interested to get iDeneb work.

Getting the "must restart" grey screen after each install.

using -F have even managed to get 5 secs of the logo and loader spinning before that screen.. :angel:

attaching a pic where getting the error.

Maybe will help the team get a solution or a patch..

am installing on HP pavilion dv5 1080 with intel T9400, 4Gbs and nvidia.

post-313338-1225703584_thumb.png

i had the same sort of issue as well. the next install i ticked everything in the customize section for the heck of it. after the successful install, everything was working swimmingly. it didn't recognize my wireless keyboard at first, but it was still working... maybe you should try ticking everything off and see if that works? :)

To everyone: Try disabling onboard LAN/AUDIO while installing. Use Vanilla kernel, your Chipset driver, AppleBios for your RAM type, install VGA, Audio, LAN drivers only if yours is listed. Then boot first time using -v -x parameter. Register. Then reboot (don't worry if comp doesn't reboot - just press reset button). Enable onboard LAN/AUDIO. Install drivers for LAN, AUDIO. After each driver installation - first time reboot in with -x (safe mode) - to check if device is working. Then try to reboot in normal mode.

Sharms can u help me. I can't get to boot in after installl done take a look at the image

problem3md8.jpg

MY pc space:

Mainboard : Acer F690GVM

Chipset : AMD RS690/RS690M

Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 2600 MHz

Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

Hard Disk : Hitachi (320 GB)

can u tell me what it needed to be install?

• 2 weeks later...

Isolation is a great step like sharm said, one step at a time to find out if there's a compatibility issue. Just one thing I would add though, it seems that iDeneb has a weird issue where it doesn't want to set the OS partition as active. Right after install completes but before it restarts try this:

Open Terminal, type "diskutil list"

type "fdisk -e/dev/rdiskX", where X is the number listed for the drive you just installed on.

type "print"

type "flag X" where X is the partition number

type "quit" and reboot

Just reposting what I found earlier but can't seem to bring up in the search atm..so props to someone else!

• 1 month later...

Tried Ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 today cause i was tired of using kalyway 10.5.1 as my base install before installing 10.5.6 update. Ideneb installed fine but would not boot. Started in single user mode wiht -s flag and deleted all ATI*, AppleIntelGMA*, NVDA* kexts. Basically all video drivers. Then it booted just fine into video {censored} mode. If u cant boot try deleting video kexts in -s mode and add your working video kexts after. i didnt get any kernel panics. it would just freeze in -v mode.