Is it possible tu use my MacBook Retail Leo Version with Boot 132?

prodeguerriero

3 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I dunno if it is the right place to post, but I'll give it a shot.

I got my new HW:

Gigabyte EP45-DS3P + Q9550 + 4GB DDR2.

Therefore I whished to try and install my Retail Version, which I got with the MacBook. Obviously it would have been too easy, and I found out that it is not possible to use it on any machine but the MacBook itself.

I am willing to buy another Retail version, but first I'd like to test it. Is there any way to use the one I already have or do I have to get it via the "usual" channels?

Thanks

Hi there.

I dunno if it is the right place to post, but I'll give it a shot.

I got my new HW:

Gigabyte EP45-DS3P + Q9550 + 4GB DDR2.

Therefore I whished to try and install my Retail Version, which I got with the MacBook. Obviously it would have been too easy, and I found out that it is not possible to use it on any machine but the MacBook itself.

I am willing to buy another Retail version, but first I'd like to test it. Is there any way to use the one I already have or do I have to get it via the "usual" channels?

Thanks

The installer from your Macbook disk checks what hardware it is running on and if it decides it's not the right hardware it refuses to install. You may or may not be able to edit the installer file to remove the offending lines and burn a new one that works on generic hardware. I know I did something like this on my retail disk when Leopard came out and the installer refused to install on my G4 cube because it was below the 867mhz cpu speed requirement. I edited the installer to change it to 300mhz or something like that and it worked.

This may point you in the general direction:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php...threadid=371302